testtest

Impeachment trial....

Status
Not open for further replies.
5e2732c311c9d.image.jpg

I have been sick this week so every time I turn on the tv on during the day, it seems like the same person speaking. I'm not sure if its a repeat, the drugs I am on, or just one big run on sentence.
Good News and Bad News! Good: It's not the drugs stay on them as you need to get well.
Bad: Yes, it is the same person with a never ending run on sentence.

Turn off TV and you won't feel so sick or watch History Channel or ScFi... something like that... never network!

Good list. I think previously I said Trump #2 but after looking at your list I think #2 is too high. Maybe in 5 more years. If we start seeing swap rats thrown in jail, he'll be up there near Reagan. Why Truman and Grant? Truman did put the fear of God in all of us regarding nukes so he did save a lot of lives worldwide. I'm sure the Japanese would not agree. Still stumped by Grant. Not saying you're wrong. Just wondering why.
There are good and bad on both sides, but the dems are pushing too hard against 2A. That is the reason for the statement! I don't have any kind of ranking. When politicians are using their status for self gain they are the only voice and we have none!

Good list. I think previously I said Trump #2 but after looking at your list I think #2 is too high. Maybe in 5 more years. If we start seeing swap rats thrown in jail, he'll be up there near Reagan. Why Truman and Grant? Truman did put the fear of God in all of us regarding nukes so he did save a lot of lives worldwide. I'm sure the Japanese would not agree. Still stumped by Grant. Not saying you're wrong. Just wondering why.

Not many look at Grant's presidency, and history hasn't in an objective manner. Grant was a complicated person and POTUS. His weakness is he trusted far too many people with bad intentions and lesser abilities. That caused him problems in his two terms.

But since he replaced A. Johnson, Grant was instrumental in the mid-latter part of the post Civil War Reconstruction era.

As POTUS he greatly helped the nation to start healing the wounds of the Civil War as a stabilizing factor based on his service during the war.

Post his POTUS terms he served as a unofficial diplomat representing the US and demonstrating that the US was an emerging world power to the rest of the world.

There's a lot of complexity with Grant that can't be explained here. I suggest a couple good books. Ronald White's American Ulysses (2016) and Ron Chernow's Grant (2017).

All these individuals, like we all are, were/are imperfect people. But each on that list made/are making major contributions to preserving the Union in their own ways.

Hopefully, Trumps story is only 1/2 way there providing he gets re-elected and Conservative control in all 4 yrs of a 2nd term.

What no one is talking about is as soon as Trump took office the democrats have done NOTHING but try to show what he is doing wrong. They have done NOTHING else that those in political office is supposed to do.
it’s all been about Trump.
What that shows is how scared they are of him. He has proved that you don’t need to be a politician to be president.

Have you looked at how much legislation the House has passed but McConnell will not let on the floor on the Senate? It's a lot...

It’s not impeachment. It’s an effort to undo an election. Republicans did it to Clinton, and now Democrats are doing it to Trump.

It’s only going to get worse. The best thing Americans can do is turn in their party cards and start voting for change that is logical for America instead of being aligned with the corrupt agendas of DNC and GOP.

If you’re aligned with one of our two corrupt political parties, YOU are the problem.

Have you looked at how much legislation the House has passed but McConnell will not let on the floor on the Senate? It's a lot...
Um, the House has had time to pass legitimate legislation? They've been balls-to-the-wall neck-deep in their impeachment shenanigans from what I've seen.

Um, the House has had time to pass legitimate legislation? They've been balls-to-the-wall neck-deep in their impeachment shenanigans from what I've seen.
Last I checked, back in November, they'd passed over 400 bills. So yes, they've passed a lot. The couple I know of, such as dealing with campaign finance, have been legit. I think Robotaz nailed it above. A LOT of truth and fact gets lost to partisanship right now and it's not good for any of us. I highly doubt anyone agrees with everything one party stands for, or disagrees with everything the other party stands for. Right now everyone has a caricature of the other side that just isn't accurate. Not all liberals are kale eating pansies who want open boarders and total gun bans, and not all conservatives are racists who hate the environment and want to go to war with everyone.

Last I checked, back in November, they'd passed over 400 bills. So yes, they've passed a lot. The couple I know of, such as dealing with campaign finance, have been legit. I think Robotaz nailed it above. A LOT of truth and fact gets lost to partisanship right now and it's not good for any of us. I highly doubt anyone agrees with everything one party stands for, or disagrees with everything the other party stands for. Right now everyone has a caricature of the other side that just isn't accurate. Not all liberals are kale eating pansies who want open boarders and total gun bans, and not all conservatives are racists who hate the environment and want to go to war with everyone.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Back when Obama was President, the GOP House passed a lot of bills that they knew were going nowhere (i.e. repealing Obama Care, etc.). I have not tried to find out what all the 400 bills were, but I suspect a lot of them were like that, along with the continuing budget resolutions, etc. that both sides worked out an agreement on.

We really do have some significant problems that need to be addressed. Neither political party is really trying to solve most of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back