testtest

In the beginning!

My first rifle was a lever action Winchester in 30-30 it was needed for hunting and my father gave it to me for my seventh birthday. There were many guns around the house, during the winter I ran a trap line on snowshoes and the pistol I carried was my fathers colt woodsman to shoot animals cought in the traps that were still alive. That following summer we went to a pistol match and I watched a 1911 bullseye match. After the match a navy shooter let me shoot his match grade 1911, I was hooked! My dad traded a rifle and got me a brand new series 70 Colt, did I mention I was seven? Guns have provided a lifetime of enjoyment and study, hundreds of hours of conversations, many hunting adventures, years of competition (my high school had a riflery team)and lots of lifelong friends. I still have my first and second guns.

My first rifle was a lever action Winchester in 30-30 it was needed for hunting and my father gave it to me for my seventh birthday. There were many guns around the house, during the winter I ran a trap line on snowshoes and the pistol I carried was my fathers colt woodsman to shoot animals cought in the traps that were still alive. That following summer we went to a pistol match and I watched a 1911 bullseye match. After the match a navy shooter let me shoot his match grade 1911, I was hooked! My dad traded a rifle and got me a brand new series 70 Colt, did I mention I was seven? Guns have provided a lifetime of enjoyment and study, hundreds of hours of conversations, many hunting adventures, years of competition (my high school had a riflery team)and lots of lifelong friends. I still have my first and second guns.
Great story & memories Hatfield. I wish I had started earlier in my gun collecting/shooting endeavors.

Back