testtest

Indiana man sentenced for making guns at home

shanneba

Custom
My hometown, 2 years for 41 unregistered/illegal devices seems very lenient to me.

FRANKLIN, Ind. — A federal court sentenced a Franklin man to prison for making guns at home.

Alexander Clark, 28, was sentenced to two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to making a firearm in violation of the National Firearms Act, possession of an unregistered firearm and possession of a machine gun.

Clark possessed seven machine guns, 27 machinegun conversion devices, and seven silencers. None of the devices were legally registered.

Just to stir things up, I do NOT support the NFA. I believe it is unconstitutional, and until this guy shot someone or something he should not have with one of these firearms, he is not guilty of anything (IMO). Sorry for the clumsy sentence structure, still working on my coffee intake this morning.

What a joke. They make a big deal about how these are the most dangerous things you can imagine these days and that guys like this guy are making fully automatic weapons and selling them to kids, they literally said that, then they pat themselves on the back for catching the guy and sentencing him to 2 years in jail. My brother got a longer sentence for a DWI.

Just to stir things up, I do NOT support the NFA. I believe it is unconstitutional, and until this guy shot someone or something he should not have with one of these firearms, he is not guilty of anything (IMO). Sorry for the clumsy sentence structure, still working on my coffee intake this morning.
I was waiting for someone else to open that can up, but yeah, I believe the NFA, full auto bans and all that crap is unconstitutional too.

The guy is lucky he only received a 2 year sentence. There was a recent case where the guy got a 7 and a half year sentence (Link below) with a different Judge (Barker)

I have testified in that Federal Courtroom with Judge Platt she is a fair but stern Judge

And FYI on Federal Sentencing they do 85% of their time pending clear conduct in custody before a halfway house or home duty. And a case with a. Firearm they will not be eligible for a camp and will go to a Low or Medium behind a fence

There is a lot of attention on the Indianapolis area. There has been a large issue of Glock switch’s (like about everywhere) and state. Municipal and Federal cases even not related to firearms are pulling them in somewhat regular numbers. in 2019 there were several switches from China confiscated at several ports. They first located a batch in the Toledo Ohio area. So it didn’t take long for the 3D printer folks to market then.

Bet this guy wishes he had paid the $500 a year special Occupational Taxpayer (“SOT”) fee which is a type of FFL that allows the holder to become engaged in certain business activities with National Firearms Act (“NFA”) firearms (also called Title II firearms) like short barreled rifles, silencers, machine guns and more. While a person can build them he or she can only sell (for the most part) the machine guns to law enforcement agencies or other so licensed persons as dealer samples. Bottom line is that you can keep the full auto stuff as long as you pay the $500 fee every year. If you drop your license you either cut your guns up, turn them into your local ATF office, or sell them as "dealer samples" to others that pay the SOT fee.

Last edited:
Well I. A related topic Southern District of Indiana an Evansville man is on the hook for 60 Glock switches making them with a 3D printer and felon in possession among other charges

Evansville is starting to be a mini Indy which is a mini Chicago these days!

Here is the mundane press release and a link with some pics

Back