testtest

Ins and Outs of Pocket Carry

Pocket carry a lot, left hip pocket. When carry strong side still often have the picket carry to arm my better half if needs be.
20221108_124102.jpg

Thanks for the link, Mike. Good article by a good and knowledgeable writer.

I pocket carry most of the time. When I pick up my keys and wallet, I drop a S&W 642 in a Mika holster in my front pants pocket. I don”t forget it is there, but it is really comfortable.

Desantis pocket holsters for all EDC's in my carry rotation along with IWB and OWB for each. Carry mode depends on occasion, attire, season, agenda, etc. although I favor pocket carry when possible. Prefer the nonchalant hand in the pocket for speed when my "radar" detects possible trouble but train and practice with all carry modes.

Thanks for the link, Mike. Good article by a good and knowledgeable writer.

I pocket carry most of the time. When I pick up my keys and wallet, I drop a S&W 642 in a Mika holster in my front pants pocket. I don”t forget it is there, but it is really comfortable.
This. A Smith 638 or Sig 938 in a Mika is The easiest to carry “real” firearm I’ve ever found. Carry strong side front pocket in Levi’s. Works great all year, espin winter when a belt gun would be buried under a heavy coat.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Ins and Outs of Pocket Carry” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/ins-and-outs-of-pocket-carry/.

Good article, I do have a pocket holster for my S&W 45 Sheald and it works great. It's not my preferred EDC choice but it does work well for those activities that I can't wear my normal shoulder holster rig with my XDM elite 3.8 compact 45acp. I do have a Ruger LCP II. 380 and a pocket holster as well but I hardly ever wear it anymore since I bought the S&W 45 Sheald because I just don't feel that a .380 auto is as effective for self defense.

If you have not checked out CCW Breakaway pants do so, this is a great option. The handgun does not print, the holster stays in the pocket and the draw is very quick.
That's the company I got my pocket holster from and it is the best I've ever seen. Way more sticky to stay in the pocket than the other more popular ones out there. If you pocket carry you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Good read, since my surgery I now do the pocket carry until I can comfortably carry OWB again, thanks Mike.
You might find you don’t want to go back for edc…when I started pocket carrying 7-8 years ago after surgery, I found it was convenient, comfortable, and—with practice—as fast to present as belt carry (faster, if you have your hand in your pocket and on your grip, which you can do without appearing to…which you definitely can’t with a belt holster).

I’d say that I pocket carry either a J-frame or my Sig 238 90%+ of the time…)

You might find you don’t want to go back for edc…when I started pocket carrying 7-8 years ago after surgery, I found it was convenient, comfortable, and—with practice—as fast to present as belt carry (faster, if you have your hand in your pocket and on your grip, which you can do without appearing to…which you definitely can’t with a belt holster).

I’d say that I pocket carry either a J-frame or my Sig 238 90%+ of the time…)
You may be right Hans, I tried wearing my jeans and belt yesterday with my regular setup, didn't feel comfortable at all and actually made me sore, so its back to sweats and my pocket carry setup

You may be right Hans, I tried wearing my jeans and belt yesterday with my regular setup, didn't feel comfortable at all and actually made me sore, so its back to sweats and my pocket carry setup
If you’re a Jeans guy (like me) check out Levi Signature 501’s. Deep front pockets that will easily hold a holster and J frame, 938 Sig or similar with no problems. The watch pocket will easily hold a speed strip or magazine. I’ve worn the for years. A side benefit is a casual “hands in the pocket” stance places you in a great, but harmless looking, defensive posture.

If you’re a Jeans guy (like me) check out Levi Signature 501’s. Deep front pockets that will easily hold a holster and J frame, 938 Sig or similar with no problems. The watch pocket will easily hold a speed strip or magazine. I’ve worn the for years. A side benefit is a casual “hands in the pocket” stance places you in a great, but harmless looking, defensive posture.
The issue is wearing my belt, I’m still recovering from my surgery and wearing jeans with a belt is kinda painful yet, I probably rushed it to soon

Had lot of trouble finding decent fitting jeans, the wife bought me couple pairs of Lee Extreme Motion jeans, they are 98% cotton and 2% spandex, for me these are a great pair of pants, comfortable, stretchy with a good wide pocket opening and not to deep, carry's a small frame pistol with holster nicely.

Back