testtest

Interested in a Jeep Build Thread?

Jeep build thread

• Total voters

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
So I just traded my Tundra in for a new Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Is anyone interested in a Jeep build thread? Cars and guns go hand in hand and I like build threads. Have an appointment already to add 37’s, regear and lift. Bumper‘s in hand etc. So would the forum be interested in an XDMAN Jeepers Creepers build?

might as well start a cooking thread, a needlepoint thread, a knitting thread, and maybe even a women and their guns thread......???

i mean what da hell, i'm sure we have females here too, why make it all a manly place..????

why that's just misogynous if you don't....

giphy.gif

So I just traded my Tundra in for a new Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Is anyone interested in a Jeep build thread? Cars and guns go hand in hand and I like build threads. Have an appointment already to add 37’s, regear and lift. Bumper‘s in hand etc. So would the forum be interested in an XDMAN Jeepers Creepers build?
I would be interested. Are you going to set it up with some cool storage components, like a SHTF vehicle.

There is a Jeep club around here somewhere, i see them driving everywhere and man do some of them have some money sunk in them. some really nice looking vehicles. even custom paint jobs and all of them have snorkels. huge tires and rims and some custom suspensions. But the fact is, none of them have never been offroad.

Another type of vehicle that's popular here is the SUV looking vehicles with the Safari look, huge tires and luggage rack on top with the square storage bag in it. all have winches and guards and snorkels, again none have been off road. A lot of the jeeps and Suv's have the really expensive soft compound mud tires on them. Like super swampers and such. nice tires for mud but they don't last no time on pavement and all these rides are pavement princesses.

I have 35 inch nitto trail grapplers on one of mine and it goes off-road a lot. but they don't last long on pavement either.

When I lived in Arkansas I had a 1999 Ford Super Duty FX4 Crew Cab with a V-10. I really liked that truck. I was married a nurse at the time that had to be at work no matter what the weather. That F250(Tiny) always got us where we had to go. When I got divorced I sold the F250(it sold quickly) and downsized to a 2 wheel drive F150 with a 4.9 liter(300 cubic inch) inline 6.

I grew up in a mechanic shop and all kinds of guys (hot rodders, 4 wheelers,) came to my dad because he knew how to get horsepower out of an engine and make the vehicle reliable. He was good at matching the transmission and suspension components to go with however much horsepower the engine was putting out. My best friend had a 1979 Pontiac Trans am with a 403 Oldsmobile motor in it. My dad did a little tweaking to it and it was almost like a new car(rip dad).

If I were going to build a jeep that was a second vehicle for me and with just enough room to haul a date, I'd start with an older Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 4.0 inline 6. They don't have a lot of horsepower but they are pretty much bulletproof. Then I'd carefully upgrade the suspension so that it wasn't too heavy or too light. I wouldn't lift it much because I woudn't be getting crazy with it. I'm too old for that.

I had a buddy in Arkansas with a Toyota FJ. It was an incredible off road vehicle. There's lots of places in Arkansas where you can go off roading and take on some decent hills. You quickly learn to drive within your limits and what's reliable. My buddy could drive his FJ. It just got too expensive for him to maintain and find parts for.

The harder you push a vehicle the more it's going to cost you to keep it running. I believe there's a place in between where you can have a good tough vehicle you can push once in a while that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

I've always looked at vehicles like firearms, if they're not reliable, accurate, and some what easy to maintain, eventually you're going to run out of money(or get tired of spending money on it) or you're going to get tired the unreliability. My F250 was incredibly reliable and that's why I had it for quite a few years and why it sold within hours after I put it up for sale.

There is a Jeep club around here somewhere, i see them driving everywhere and man do some of them have some money sunk in them. some really nice looking vehicles. even custom paint jobs and all of them have snorkels. huge tires and rims and some custom suspensions. But the fact is, none of them have never been offroad.

Another type of vehicle that's popular here is the SUV looking vehicles with the Safari look, huge tires and luggage rack on top with the square storage bag in it. all have winches and guards and snorkels, again none have been off road. A lot of the jeeps and Suv's have the really expensive soft compound mud tires on them. Like super swampers and such. nice tires for mud but they don't last no time on pavement and all these rides are pavement princesses.

I have 35 inch nitto trail grapplers on one of mine and it goes off-road a lot. but they don't last long on pavement either.
same here. there are a few specialty shops that can do the work, or just sell what you want.

yet, i never see them off road either....

after spending all that money and more at a later time, all i ever hear at the bait shop is.......

"take it off road"....???

"oh my God, are you kidding me, with the money i spent, i don't want any scratches on it".......

One of my main goals is to earn my first badge of honor by the end of summer, definitely going OR

When i first bought this truck some said you won't ever take that off road, the ones that knew me knew better. i said soon as i get the winch on it. the second day after i put it on i tested out the 4 wheel drive in it. lol i was born to play in the mud, raced moto cross as a kid then dirt track cars

SANY5146.JPG

Although I’m positive my F250 could handle moderate off-road use…….
5BF1A072-D348-4A60-A9AE-6753A057A278.jpeg

That’s not what I bought it for.

The only off-road vehicle I bought was a 2006 Hummer H3…..
738D43FA-1207-404A-9C25-FE1573A1D78F.jpeg

Mine had the front brush guard and winch and I took it off road multiple times. Lots of fun to drive.

My brother-in-law and his wife went to Gatlinburg, TN/Pigeon Forge for a mini-vacation last summer. They called us while there and said they had arrived in the middle of some kind of Jeep “gathering.” There were Jeeps everywhere, most really tricked out! I had not heard of anything like this.

I have a friend who spends weekend days in the company of several other Jeep owners off-roading. Looks like fun!

I have never been one to seek out off-road driving, but use my truck for hunting.

This one has over 300000 miles on it still very strong just gave to my son it’s 2000 this photo is him driving it home when I gave it to him he said he is proud to drive pops truck

Attachments

• 2309446A-C22A-4F4A-BB68-5FCB62581DE6.jpeg
    2309446A-C22A-4F4A-BB68-5FCB62581DE6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
Back