testtest

Intoduction, new to the forum

11FE63C8-89D7-49B0-A8E3-8319A90641F5.gif

Hey y'all, no offense intended in my msg #23. That's just an old deep southern term comparing some unpredictable time frame to the lifetime of a racoon. I wasn't thinking anything other than exactly that when I wrote it. If nobody else was thinking anything different, there would be no need for this kind of juvenile censorship.

And that's not a slam to the mods, I understand their position. It's the azzes who see something bad in almost everything who are the problem. It seems today we live in a world surrounded by those who hold a continuous membership in the 'Church of the Perpetually Offended' !!!! dammit !

Hey y'all, no offense intended in my msg #23. That's just an old deep southern term comparing some unpredictable time frame to the lifetime of a racoon. I wasn't thinking anything other than exactly that when I wrote it. If nobody else was thinking anything different, there would be no need for this kind of juvenile censorship.

And that's not a slam to the mods, I understand their position. It's the azzes who see something bad in almost everything who are the problem. It seems today we live in a world surrounded by those who hold a continuous membership in the 'Church of the Perpetually Offended' !!!! dammit !
i wondered what you said, and i recall that old saying now, as i did not know why it was "bleeped"

Well hello everyone. I looked for a new member post didn't find one so I took it upon myself to introduce myself here. I'm Norb. Been around firearms for a couple a few years now. I like the hobby and also train, practice, and participate in many aspects of the firearm world. Thats really all I got for now. Enjoy your day. Keep your powder dry doing so.
Welcome from Missouri.

A local high school mascot is the raccoon. the Original HS for the city from very, very long ago. Even had Fighting C**ns on the water towers. City emblem is an outline shape of an outstretched raccoon skin. No lie. City of 200,000 + now.

Years ago the HS football star running back went all the way down field for a TD. Crowd always yells Go C**N Go! The new citizens of the community had a heart attack and were going to sue to change the school name.
Now its alway Racoons. Even had to redraw the city raccoon face 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Crowds and staff are not allow to say the abbreviated term. Must say the full animals name

A local high school mascot is the raccoon. the Original HS for the city from very, very long ago. Even had Fighting C**ns on the water towers. City emblem is an outline shape of an outstretched raccoon skin. No lie. City of 200,000 + now.

Years ago the HS football star running back went all the way down field for a TD. Crowd always yells Go C**N Go! The new citizens of the community had a heart attack and were going to sue to change the school name.
Now its alway Racoons. Even had to redraw the city raccoon face 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Crowds and staff are not allow to say the abbreviated term. Must say the full animals name
Yeh, isn't that a shame? It's sad we have to live in this kind of insanity. A word is a word and nothing but a word ....... it's the context any word is used in that makes one example of it bad and another OK. So often we won't/don't even say the word when talking about the word, we say "the N word", or the 'C word", etc. What kind of asininity is that?

Say the damn word when you're actually talking about a word and forget that "letter" word ....... say it in a context where it's personal and/or an insult and face appropriate consequences. But the 'word' is nothing more than a 'word'.

All this reminds me of an old children's rhyme .......

'Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me!' The reality is this .... We are living in a generation of emotionally weak people ….. where everything must be watered down for them because it's offensive to them, even including the truth!

I truly fear what my grand kids will find they'll have to deal with in their time.

Back