testtest

Intro and Collection

Philmo11

Master Class
Hello,

I have been a fan of Springfield Armory for some time. Don't know why its taken me so long to join the forum.

Current collection, XDE-45, XDE-9mm, XD-9, XD-40, XDS-45, XDS-9mm, XDM-45, XDM-40, XDM-40, 911. I have an XDS in 40 that is missing. I am not sure what else is missing. The pic was over a year ago and I add 3-4 guns a month to my collection.
1644350508319.png

I reload at least 27 calibers/cartridges. I am in the market for a couple stainless Loaded 1911s. I gather Springfield discontinued them so that's going to have to happen pretty quick. I had just ordered a set of Kimber Stainless II's in 10mm right before I found out that Springfield discontinued them. Not happy about that.

Hello,

I have been a fan of Springfield Armory for some time. Don't know why its taken me so long to join the forum.

Current collection, XDE-45, XDE-9mm, XD-9, XD-40, XDS-45, XDS-9mm, XDM-45, XDM-40, XDM-40, 911. I have an XDS in 40 that is missing. I am not sure what else is missing. The pic was over a year ago and I add 3-4 guns a month to my collection.
View attachment 24687

I reload at least 27 calibers/cartridges. I am in the market for a couple stainless Loaded 1911s. I gather Springfield discontinued them so that's going to have to happen pretty quick. I had just ordered a set of Kimber Stainless II's in 10mm right before I found out that Springfield discontinued them. Not happy about that.
Welcome aboard!

Hey there. Welcome. I gather you like XD's. I have one.
I’ve owned a lot of polymer. None built like a Springfield. I still have quite a few others in the polymer variety, mostly the wife and kids.

Although, S&W makes an awfully solid .22 compact. They just have trouble with anything bigger than a .22. I am still awaiting the XD 22 to debut.

I like Springfield handguns, but my passions lie with wheel guns, lever guns and 1911s. As I said in the original post, I’m looking for a pair of Loaded models to add to the collection. Little brother has one I really like. I’m gonna need two. The Garrison is ok but it’s not the same.

Springfield makes a fine weapon. For the money, you’ll be hard pressed to find better made.

Service is the best I’ve had to deal with. I had an issue with my 911 not feeding or ejecting when it was new. 40% failures. It was bad. No questions asked, sent me a label , was back in two weeks. The list of things they did was impressive. They didn’t just fix the problem, they gave it a full tune at no charge.

That's an impressive collection. I'm a huge Springfield fan, but I haven't got quite as many as you have. I'd post a pic, but many of my firearms have become a little camera shy in today's climate. I'll usually post a few pics of a new acquisition, but family photos are rare.

I don’t worry about it. They know what you have, you’d better believe they know.

In addition, agents and the atf have been under fire for FFL “audits” where the front page of the transfer forms were being photographed. Guess where the firearm information is on the new forms… now you know why.

Last edited:
Btw, the new legislation democrats are trying to shove through will eliminate personal transfers and force all person to person transfers to be done only by an ffl. They achieve that and every record will be made available for their database.

I’ve owned a lot of polymer. None built like a Springfield. I still have quite a few others in the polymer variety, mostly the wife and kids.

Although, S&W makes an awfully solid .22 compact. They just have trouble with anything bigger than a .22. I am still awaiting the XD 22 to debut.

I like Springfield handguns, but my passions lie with wheel guns, lever guns and 1911s. As I said in the original post, I’m looking for a pair of Loaded models to add to the collection. Little brother has one I really like. I’m gonna need two. The Garrison is ok but it’s not the same.
My XDM 4.5" 9mm is my only striker, polymer pistol. I wanted a full sized pistol as a companion sidearm for my Saint. Just because. So many good options. I ended up choosing SA because it matched the rifle, and was in a reasonable price range. Not the most compelling reason, but what the heck.

I don't have resources to acquire guns like you, or most of the others around here. My wife puts it all into shoes!

Most important thing is that you spend wisely what you have. A well built gun can last a very, very long time.

I will say that I spent over $40k on guns and ammo last year and I choose to buy Springfield, not because of price, but because of quality over their peers.

Back