testtest

Introducing: The DANIEL H9

A TALE TOLD IN 8 SHOT SHOWS

1706288311078.png

1706288227081.png

I had a look at the Daniel H9 and I have to say that in person it does not look as extreme as some pictures make it appear. In fact, I think if you didn’t know what you were looking at it wouldn’t catch the eye. That was definitely not the case with the Hudson H9.

It's been 2-3 yrs . since the 5.0 came out, so I think if a manufacturer comes out with something and it's MIA for several years then something is haywire with it.
The first run of RIA 5.0s was very limited. I want to say they made maybe 1,500 each of optic ready and non-optic ready models, but I could be wrong and it may be even less than that. Which is why they're rare as hen's teeth.

I don't think this second release is as limited, but I'm sure if there are people still interested they're gonna be rare for a bit until manufacturing catches up with demand. Might take a while to actually see them in the wild, even though they literally doubled the MSRP from $999 to $1,999.

Remember all the amazing Prodigy reviews and no problems whatsoever. And then people bought them….

I’m waiting to see some non-Shot Show sponsored reviews on the H9. It’s a nice gun, but it is not a perfect gun. Practically all the videos I’ve watched - and I’ve watched a lot - fall over the H9 and throw a lot of the same market-speak around. I’d like to know when the optic plates are going to be available and what I need to do to get a 4lb trigger - or even a 5 pound one.

Remember all the amazing Prodigy reviews and no problems whatsoever. And then people bought them….

I’m waiting to see some non-Shot Show sponsored reviews on the H9. It’s a nice gun, but it is not a perfect gun. Practically all the videos I’ve watched - and I’ve watched a lot - fall over the H9 and throw a lot of the same market-speak around. I’d like to know when the optic plates are going to be available and what I need to do to get a 4lb trigger - or even a 5 pound one.
Springs I'm guessing. At least this ugly bastard is probably not as over engineered as your usual patients/victims. :)

A couple of hours after my last post I got an email from Daniel Defense saying that optic plates are now available. I get one free one and ordered a Shield plate and an RMR plate. I’d prefer to use something that will fit the RMR plate but I think it could end up looking like a fat man on a bicycle. So I’ll probably end up mounting a Viridian RF11 green dot on it.

So now I can get on to complaining about why DD didn’t mill the H9 for direct mount in the first place!

I’ll report back when I get a dot mounted.

Well... my 2 cents. shoots flatter than a 1911, and other guns (RIA 5.0 shoots flatter than the H9) yet, mine came with misaligned rear sight. So at 15 feet my shots were landing 2-3 inches right of the target. Got an email from DD after I requested my "free plate" that it would take 90 business days to get filled. I attach a picture , mine's rear sight is shifted to the right, if you see the perpendicular lines, is not centered. A $1300 gun does not get QC to verify that is sighted correctly before is shipped out
IMG_2269.jpg

Well... my 2 cents. shoots flatter than a 1911, and other guns (RIA 5.0 shoots flatter than the H9) yet, mine came with misaligned rear sight. So at 15 feet my shots were landing 2-3 inches right of the target. Got an email from DD after I requested my "free plate" that it would take 90 business days to get filled. I attach a picture , mine's rear sight is shifted to the right, if you see the perpendicular lines, is not centered. A $1300 gun does not get QC to verify that is sighted correctly before is shipped outView attachment 53800
I actually changed out the sights for Night Fision sights hoping that they would help, but results are pretty much the same. 650 rds through mine, trigger is still not great even though it has dropped about a pound in pull weight and I cannot shoot it consistently well - I have to cheat the front sight high to get anything matching POA/POI. Not good. I ordered optic plates a month ago and got the same up to 90 day warning after I ordered. Talked to DD week before last and they told me the plates for RMR and RMSc would be shipping last week. My order status still shows as Processing. My confidence in Daniel Defense is not high right now and when the plates show if I can’t get 5 shots touching at 10 yds with a red dot it is going.

I actually changed out the sights for Night Fision sights hoping that they would help, but results are pretty much the same. 650 rds through mine, trigger is still not great even though it has dropped about a pound in pull weight and I cannot shoot it consistently well - I have to cheat the front sight high to get anything matching POA/POI. Not good. I ordered optic plates a month ago and got the same up to 90 day warning after I ordered. Talked to DD week before last and they told me the plates for RMR and RMSc would be shipping last week. My order status still shows as Processing. My confidence in Daniel Defense is not high right now and when the plates show if I can’t get 5 shots touching at 10 yds with a red dot it is going.
IMG_2563.gif

Well... my 2 cents. shoots flatter than a 1911, and other guns (RIA 5.0 shoots flatter than the H9) yet, mine came with misaligned rear sight. So at 15 feet my shots were landing 2-3 inches right of the target. Got an email from DD after I requested my "free plate" that it would take 90 business days to get filled. I attach a picture , mine's rear sight is shifted to the right, if you see the perpendicular lines, is not centered. A $1300 gun does not get QC to verify that is sighted correctly before is shipped outView attachment 53800
Drifting rear sights is common in order to sight them in. The rear sight may already be adjusted to the POA for the factory person vs. being perfectly aligned left to right.

Drifting yours a little more to the right should get you to "your" POA.

Also, how each individual shoots can be indicative of these.

1710092118742.png

Back