HayesGreener

Hellcat
Irony abounds. Share if you got it

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666350114895.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666350114895.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 742
Irony abounds. Share if you got it
after all my years of driving, and teaching of 48 years, i am an advocate for CDL revoking for LIFE of such idjuts.

too many in the industry rely too much on GPS, rather than the printed maps.

or, they just do not stop for directions.

too many are gradumacting from the CDL Mills, and think that they are a professional truck driver.

i'll drop a dime in a heartbeat, if i personally witness any trucker doing ANYTHING stupid, or dangerous.

and frankly, I HAVE DONE SO

sadly, too many low life companies, just keep those morons in the seat.

i highly advocate suing any trucker personally (in civil court) and the trucking company into bankruptcy, (this is sometimes known as a "nuclear verdict"), should you ever have an accident, with one of these morons.

after all my years of driving, and teaching of 48 years, i am an advocate for CDL revoking for LIFE of such idjuts.

too many are gradumacting from the CDL Mills, and think that they are a professional truck driver.

i'll drop a dime in a heartbeat, if i personally witness any trucker doing ANYTHING stupid, or dangerous.

i highly advocate suing any trucker personally (in civil court) and the trucking company into bankruptcy, (this is sometimes known as a "nuclear verdict"), should you ever have an accident, with one of these morons.
I've had a Class A with X endorsement for ten plus years now. Frankly the tests weren't that hard. Here in Missouri they have tightened up a bit. Now if you take the test in an automatic you can't drive a manual or if you take the test with a pintel hitch you can't drive anything other than a pintel hitch.

Which reminds me, my Hazmat, license and DOT physical all expire in February. I resent having to pay $90 and take the time to go be fingerprinted ( again) for a BGC every 5 years. It's a pointless money grab. If I was to do something that turned me into a felon, they would know about it.

On the bright side the lady doctor I usually get for my DOT physical is hot.

We have Graffiti Bridge in Pensacola that claims a couple trucks per year

Attachments

• 8b612c95-02a6-4bf7-9ea9-7b3922624268-large16x9_bridge3.PNG
    8b612c95-02a6-4bf7-9ea9-7b3922624268-large16x9_bridge3.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
I've had a Class A with X endorsement for ten plus years now. Frankly the tests weren't that hard. Here in Missouri they have tightened up a bit. Now if you take the test in an automatic you can't drive a manual or if you take the test with a pintel hitch you can't drive anything other than a pintel hitch.

Which reminds me, my Hazmat, license and DOT physical all expire in February. I resent having to pay $90 and take the time to go be fingerprinted ( again) for a BGC every 5 years. It's a pointless money grab. If I was to do something that turned me into a felon, they would know about it.

yes, on a trucking website i go to, i always recommend to NOT take the driving test on an automatic, to avoid that restriction. so many doofuses say things like, "well nearly every trucking company now has or is going automatic"...

uh...no they are not.

many smaller outfits (here at least) still have sticks, and to me, having ANY restriction on the CDL is one i'd never want.

yes, here when our CDL is about to expire, to keep up with the hazmat endorsement, we must take the hazmat test. thing i was told, "cuz there are always changes in those rules" maybe so, but yes, a fee we have to pay.

i gave up my TWIC card, due to not ever needing it except for 1 job, which sucked and i had quit.

yes, i never saw how my finger prints change every 5 years either.

for crying out loud, aren't we in some sort of file..??

truckers are nothing more than "cash cows"

yes, on a trucking website i go to, i always recommend to NOT take the driving test on an automatic, to avoid that restriction. so many doofuses say things like, "well nearly every trucking company now has or is going automatic"...

uh...no they are not.

many smaller outfits (here at least) still have sticks, and to me, having ANY restriction on the CDL is one i'd never want.

yes, here when our CDL is about to expire, to keep up with the hazmat endorsement, we must take the hazmat test. thing i was told, "cuz there are always changes in those rules" maybe so, but yes, a fee we have to pay.

i gave up my TWIC card, due to not ever needing it except for 1 job, which sucked and i had quit.

You mean all citizens are cash cows…

Fully agreed. I live at the bottom of a mountain pass that has grades of up to 10%, that is firmly 100% closed to trailers in the winter and yet commercial truck/trailers are stopped on the pass all the time, having driven past several large signs that say "Closed to All Trailer Traffic" by that point.

It's infuriating, given how many lives they are endangering by doing this in full-on winter conditions, and some day, something really bad is going to happen. And there really is no valid excuse. It's an extreme disregard for safety.

Any CDL holder who gets pulled over for this should have their license revoked imo. Unfortunately, instead they usually receive a minimal fine, if/when they are caught at all.

Back in the early 80's I went to a truck driving school in Grandview , MO. Just South of K. City. This was before CDLs came into effect. I was blowed away when the first day we were told we had to go get our license before we could drive the semis on MO. roads.
I raised my hand and asked how we were going to be able to pass a driving test with a semi when that was why I was there to learn. The instructer looked at me for a min. and said , " Oh , you are from ILL. so you don't know. Here you drive your car to get a license to drive a semi. " I was like oh boy that makes me feel much better when out on the roads with them. WOW!!!!

Also at that time , in Kansas , to get a semi license all you had to do was have a truck with a trailer attached to take your driving test in.

You mean all citizens are cash cows…
well sometimes yes...

however the trucking industry as a whole, is (i feel ) the biggest cash cow law enforcement, lawyers, politicians, and private citizens attack the most.

fee's for this, fee's for that, nuclear verdicts in civil lawsuits after an accident, etc.

Fully agreed. I live at the bottom of a mountain pass that has grades of up to 10%, that is firmly 100% closed to trailers in the winter and yet commercial truck/trailers are stopped on the pass all the time, having driven past several large signs that say "Closed to All Trailer Traffic" by that point.

It's infuriating, given how many lives they are endangering by doing this in full-on winter conditions, and some day, something really bad is going to happen. And there really is no valid excuse. It's an extreme disregard for safety.

Any CDL holder who gets pulled over for this should have their license revoked imo. Unfortunately, instead they usually receive a minimal fine, if/when they are caught at all.
a "fine" which can be "pled down" to a lesser charge (but still pay the full fine amount) to avoid "points" on the CDL license.

all the cities, states, towns want, is the money......the actual "charges" are meaningless, once a driver "lawyers up" and makes a plea....

no such "plea deals" ought to be allowed either...

screw the driver (i really hate to say that since i am retired) but it is true, lack of obeying signs, laws, to me deserves the fullest penalties, up to revoking for life, that CDL.

Back in the early 80's I went to a truck driving school in Grandview , MO. Just South of K. City. This was before CDLs came into effect. I was blowed away when the first day we were told we had to go get our license before we could drive the semis on MO. roads.
I raised my hand and asked how we were going to be able to pass a driving test with a semi when that was why I was there to learn. The instructer looked at me for a min. and said , " Oh , you are from ILL. so you don't know. Here you drive your car to get a license to drive a semi. " I was like oh boy that makes me feel much better when out on the roads with them. WOW!!!!

Also at that time , in Kansas , to get a semi license all you had to do was have a truck with a trailer attached to take your driving test in.
There are old timers I work with who are grandfathered in for DOT physicals. They never have to take them.

By the way, in Missouri when I was about 16 I drove a split axle dump truck as part of my job as a concrete laborer. On a driver's license. No one cared.

uh...no they are not.

The Hazmat test is really a joke. You get two chances a day to pass it and you can skip questions. When you get the required number of correct answers the test is over. 90% of it is common sense.

The Hazmat test is really a joke. You get two chances a day to pass it and you can skip questions. When you get the required number of correct answers the test is over. 90% of it is common sense.
You mean those guys driving around big tanks of methylethylbadshit might not know what they are doing?

There is a road called Storrow drive in Boston that has a low bridge. It's more than clearly marked no trucks Every year with the new students coming in someone gets stuck under the bridge with a truck. The locals say "they have been storrowed". They were selling toy trucks stuck under a bridge recently.

You mean those guys driving around big tanks of methylethylbadshit might not know what they are doing?
uhhh...yup......

if you ever see a tanker going a wee bit too fast on a state route, with red lights.>??

go another way...

that surge when he "tries" to slow down and stop...??

gonna be pushing him into tomorrowland.....

Back