testtest

Is a Sylvan Arms Gen 3 Folding Stock Adapter worth it?

totohRN

Alpha
Good evening everyone. I hope all is well. I have done the due diligence in learning about the said adapter and I'm 90% leaning towards getting one. My only concern is how it will affect my specific AR 15, the Saint AR rifle. Has anyone tried this on a Saint AR 15? Did it cycle efficiently after its application? Thanks in advance.

Good evening everyone. I hope all is well. I have done the due diligence in learning about the said adapter and I'm 90% leaning towards getting one. My only concern is how it will affect my specific AR 15, the Saint AR rifle. Has anyone tried this on a Saint AR 15? Did it cycle efficiently after its application? Thanks in advance.
By “effect” on your rifle, what are you concerned or referring to ?
I do not own one, but have a friend who uses one. Have not seen any issues with it other than with a magpul stock, it does not fold over as close to the gun as in the pics due to the wider stock. He has it to fit in a small bag. Other than I that, I have not seen any issues from his

So the the law folder is better, especially in the folding mechanism. The the Sylvan is not bad at all, its not until you have both of them side by side that you would notice a difference. The Law weighs more if that matters.

I’m thinking of getting one of these for my CZ Bren 2 w/ SBA3 pistol brace. I’ve seen a video from Classic Firearms on it and it compared nicely to the Law Tactical folder at a much lower price point.

SB Tactical makes this for those that don't need a functional AR buffer tube. The CZ Bren 2 doesn't appear to need one but I could be wrong.

1617730828246.png

I've used one of these on a 10/22 build.

SB Tactical makes this for those that don't need a functional AR buffer tube. The CZ Bren 2 doesn't appear to need one but I could be wrong.

View attachment 16469

The Brownells BRN180 is another.

Been toying with getting one of those...

View attachment 16469

Thanks Talyn, I never considered that. You are correct, the Bren 2 doesn’t require the buffer tube.

I do not own one, but have a friend who uses one. Have not seen any issues with it other than with a magpul stock, it does not fold over as close to the gun as in the pics due to the wider stock. He has it to fit in a small bag. Other than I that, I have not seen any issues from his
Thanks for a really informative reply. The cycling of ammo particularly on the Saint AR 15.

What is an adapter and what does it do exactly?

You know, all these questions you are asking are very easily Googleable. It's kind of suspicious. I mean if you don't understand what racking a slide has to do exactly with firing I don't think you really need to be worrying about ARs or folding stock adaptors yet. I don't mean to be rude, but....
With all due respect, bassbob, this is the first question from this poster. You may be getting her mixed up with the OP.

ThatPunkGirl, an adapter is something you install between the receiver and the buffer tube on a AR platform rifle or pistol which allows you to fold the stock or brace to make the firearm shorter. It is really for transportation purposes. Hope that helps.

I have the LAW tactical folder on my Saint AR 15 pistol. I have had zero cycling issues.

With all due respect, bassbob, this is the first question from this poster. You may be getting her mixed up with the OP.

ThatPunkGirl, an adapter is something you install between the receiver and the buffer tube on a AR platform rifle or pistol which allows you to fold the stock or brace to make the firearm shorter. It is really for transportation purposes. Hope that helps.
I think @Bassbob is referring to the one line questions in other threads from the poster.

Not the first question at all brother. And the question in the other thread isn't the first question either. I have seen about 5 or 6 of her posts, all of them very rudimentary questions. What is an XD-M, what is a Drop leg holster, etc..

Not the first question at all brother. And the question in the other thread isn't the first question either. I have seen about 5 or 6 of her posts, all of them very rudimentary questions. What is an XD-M, what is a Drop leg holster, etc..
Gotcha. I haven’t seen the others. Was just thinking this was her first post in this thread. My bad and my apologies.

Back