testtest

Is anyone really interested?

This is kinda interesting, at least conceptually… I recall doing a double take when I saw the little square QR thingy almost hidden on the side of my new M&P 2.0 (“WTH?!? Is somebody tracking my gun??” LOL). I dimly recall asking about it here on the forum, I think…

But Mandated ?? I stamp that DISAPPROVED. No way.

Ok … soo..
Only 1 RFD ring per gun as stated in the article… so I own many pistols.. have to carry many RFD rings???
Uh, NO I’m not schlepping around a ton of RFD’s daily.

Also, what if I’m in the shower and perp breaks in. Wife cannot grab the pistol from the night stand and engage the aggressor in the house .. no thanks

Why would any sane person pay $2195 for a $1000 pistol, and that price may be a stretch. If this technology becomes the wave of the future many folks will be priced out of the market. I guess this is another facet of gun control.
You forget yourself, Rec…
They aren’t talking about “sane people”.
They mean “wild-eyed, long-bearded, pickup driving GUN NUTS”. Who need to be w a t c h e d.

SmartGunz will sell the 1911 Sentry to the general public for $2,195 and to law enforcement for a reduced $1,795. What a bargain!

Nope. I mean I am purely from a learning perspective but in purchasing and carrying one, not at all.

This is kinda interesting, at least conceptually… I recall doing a double take when I saw the little square QR thingy almost hidden on the side of my new M&P 2.0 (“WTH?!? Is somebody tracking my gun??” LOL). I dimly recall asking about it here on the forum, I think…

But Mandated ?? I stamp that DISAPPROVED. No way.
I agree. I'd like to learn and play around with one but should not be mandated in any way shape or form

I want my digital gun to look like this.
892C8B49-E57E-4335-A134-2DF45F640BF8.jpeg

Regarding price, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Les Baer and many more make 1911's that start over $3000. I know several guys willing and able to spend $3-6k on a 1911 (I'm not one of them yet). The problem is that this is gun control, and no one who is regularly reading this forum supports it in any form

I'm interested to see if any law enforcement agencies adopt these guns. In my decades of law enforcement I never encountered an agency that issued any type of 1911 to officers. Glock, Sig, and S&W are in an aggressive battle to offer high-quality, reliable firearms to law enforcement agencies at about 1/4 the price of the smart gun. I wonder if any of the "progressive" city councils who love all forms of gun control are willing to quadruple the firearms budget of the local PD to send a message. Let the games begin.

Back