testtest

Is Carrying a Micro 1911 a Mistake?

It's true. I do not keep my guns in condition one, aside from my EDC. These guns are stored fully loaded but not with a round in the chamber. I believe under the conditions of retrieving these firearms allows me time to rack them. I train my family in doing this - and don't believe that the three seconds it takes to 'rack' the firearm extends the danger. We don't sleep with our firearms, although they are only a step and reach away. If the three seconds costs me myself or my family - I don't think the situation would have likely turned out differently, had they all been chambered. A small measure of common-sense safety in my opinion.
As for the noise: I can only hope. I don't have a high opinion of anyone who has invaded my home. I would have to consider them cowards by nature if by night and complete idiots if done by day. Myself, my Wife and my oldest Son EDC. I think we will have to agree to disagree on these points.
Everything ain't for everybody. But hoping someone who just did a home invasion is actually a coward who will run from the sound of a shotgun cocked is more of a chance than I am willing to take.

I taught my family to keep their finger off the trigger until it's time to shoot. Just me and the wife these days and no worries about innocent people materializing in my house in the middle of the night.

3 seconds is 2 seconds longer than it takes to change your life. Hopefully you train/drill, manipulating these unloaded firearms with adrenalin racing through your body and brain. I do, nevertheless clicking a safety off a shotgun is the only sound you could possibly hear if I have decided it's time to go.

Everything ain't for everybody. But hoping someone who just did a home invasion is actually a coward who will run from the sound of a shotgun cocked is more of a chance than I am willing to take.

I taught my family to keep their finger off the trigger until it's time to shoot. Just me and the wife these days and no worries about innocent people materializing in my house in the middle of the night.

3 seconds is 2 seconds longer than it takes to change your life. Hopefully you train/drill, manipulating these unloaded firearms with adrenalin racing through your body and brain. I do, nevertheless clicking a safety off a shotgun is the only sound you could possibly hear if I have decided it's time to go.
I do not discount your opinion. My family is properly trained by me. They abide by proper trigger control, and we have covered scenarios to the best of our ability - which can always improve. They are also intelligent and aware of the adrenaline rush they will experience. How well they handle it - I hope to never find out. So, our small discourse aside: if they choose to stay, unwelcome, when my wife racks her DP12... they have truly moved from coward to idiot, lol.

I do not discount your opinion. My family is properly trained by me. They abide by proper trigger control, and we have covered scenarios to the best of our ability - which can always improve. They are also intelligent and aware of the adrenaline rush they will experience. How well they handle it - I hope to never find out. So, our small discourse aside: if they choose to stay, unwelcome, when my wife racks her DP12... they have truly moved from coward to idiot, lol.
May the gods smile upon you my brother.

Back to the original question - No.

IMG_4614.jpeg

I went from suits and a BHP to shorts, T-shirts and a 3.5" officer. I've had no accuracy issues with the officer and have never felt the least bit under-gunned. In the holster, these shorter barreled 1911s tend to be a little top heavy and if you carry AIWB like I do, they want to lean out away from your body & print. My fix was a combo of the right holster and using 65gr for EDC.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
I went from suits and a BHP to shorts, T-shirts and a 3.5" officer. I've had no accuracy issues with the officer and have never felt the least bit under-gunned. In the holster, these shorter barreled 1911s tend to be a little top heavy and if you carry AIWB like I do, they want to lean out away from your body & print. My fix was a combo of the right holster and using 65gr for EDC.
May I ask where you acquired your holster? Beautifully made.

I have had a few micro's in my time from several manufacturers. Always the same problem- grip to short and most uncomfortable to shoot. This is why I don't do micro's anymore.

The Kimber Micro 9s are notoriously unreliable. Check out the Kimber forum before you buy.
Over 750 rounds through mine, both FMJ and HP self defense ammo and not a hiccup. I have a couple of friends with Micro 9 and they have not had a problem. YMMV

May I ask where you acquired your holster? Beautifully made

MTR Custom Leather - Great quality, delivered early(!) and price included wedge, claw & sweat shield. The Ulticlip XL was extra, of course, but I've since switched it out for a G-code. I'm a T-shirt/shorts guy & would constantly snag on the XL's metal clip when doing strong hand sweeps, and it rode a little high for me.

After a long time of trying pretty much everything…I’ve come to the conclusion that single actions with a safety are the autos I prefer carrying…carried condition 1.

The three I carry most often are an Sig P238, a SA RO Compact 9mm, and a Wilson X9.

And no, I don’t feel underarmed with any of them.

Back