testtest

Is the .40 Dead?

I have been shooting 40 since it came out. I personally like the round. I also like the idea that I can swap barrels to 357 Sig. That's another conversation.
I have and still do love to shoot my 40, but have moved over to 357 SIG for carry.
Reloading I can shoot either for less than the 17¢ a round folks pay for 9mm. Four
members that shoot at the range all have 40's. I don't think it's dead but certainly
not being purchased at the rate of the 9mm. Then too, nothing else is either.

I don’t know if the .40 is dead, but I have noticed a ton of clearance sales on .40 ammo in the past few weeks.

If there's ever another "assault weapon ban" that limits magazine capacities back down to 10 rounds or something like that, I suspect the .40 will come back in popularity....

I certainly hope the .40 S&W is not dying I current own 5 pistols and 1 PCC in that cal

Attachments

• INVENTORY DAY 005.JPG
    INVENTORY DAY 005.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 259
I like the round due to it's power and Mag capacity greater than .45. I hope it doesn't die and rounds remain plentiful. My .40 pistols include Glock G27, Full size S&W M&P 40, S&W M&P Performance Center Shield, S&W M&P 2.0 40 Compact, Beretta PX4 Storm 40, Sig P320 40 SC and Kel-Tec Sub2000 in 40. Yes the round has a snappy recoil, especially in the subcompact pistols like the PC Shield. Suprisingly the Glock G27 isn't too bad probably since I can get a better grip due to the double stack hand grip frame.

I read a really good article a while ago about this topic I'll attach the link below.

I don't have anything against the .40 but I was shooting 9MM and .45 acp long before it came out. I just never saw a reason to get a .40 cal. I've shot friends .40s but just never got the itch.

I have been shooting 40 since it came out. I personally like the round. I also like the idea that I can swap barrels to 357 Sig. That's another conversation.

I have a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm. Figured, before I shell out $1500 for the SA 10mm, I would try it with a $550 RI. It is great shooting 10mm from, however, it is down right tame shooting 40.

I don't have anything against the .40 but I was shooting 9MM and .45 acp long before it came out. I just never saw a reason to get a .40 cal. I've shot friends .40s but just never got the itch.
Give me a 10 plus round 44 mag and call me good!

Guns chambered for the round are dying. The round itself like 38 super and others will be manufactured for a good long time I imagine. The used trade in market is so ripe with deals its hard to pass on a lot of them, especially given some of them being easily converted to 9mm and coming in cheaper than buying the comparable gun- used PD trade in G22 with a Bear Creek 9mm barrel can be done for 300 or just above if you watch for deals hard at least around me to find a G17 even close to that price point.

Back