testtest

John Wick event.

I already give Texas Gun Experience enough money enough in memebership fees. The thought of a bunch of John Wick wannabes swinging their dicks around makes me shudder.
You think there'll be John Wick wannabees and **** swinging ? In Texas ?

It might just be a bunch of guys that want the chance to shoot guns they can't afford. Or guns they used to have but didn't like and sold off to some idiot in Missouri.

Edited before the mods got to it.

Last edited:
I already give Texas Gun Experience enough money enough in memebership fees. The thought of a bunch of John Wick wannabes swinging their dicks around makes me shudder.
You think there'll be John Wick wannabees and dick swinging ? In Texas ?

It might just be a bunch of guys that want the chance to shoot guns they can't afford. Or guns they used to have but didn't like and sold off to some idiot in Missouri.
If I posted any post had the Richard word in it, it would get deleted and I would get a pm on it, guess it just depends on who posted it, just sayin

You think there'll be John Wick wannabees and **** swinging ? In Texas ?

Edited before the mods got to it.
Unfortunately, TGE has been known to attract a certain type of poseur. Great facility but a lot of its visitors are named Richard Head.

I hear stories about some of these places and it makes me really happy to belong to the club I'm in. Yeah it's a pain sometimes walking out and setting my targets in the pipe stands that are buried in concrete at set distances, but I am all alone 95% of the time. I think maybe I'll cruise over there in a little while and do my own JW wannabee rod swinging party. The good news is that if anyone does come over while I'm doing it they'll just figure it's that crazy bastard again and probably leave. :)

I hear stories about some of these places and it makes me really happy to belong to the club I'm in. Yeah it's a pain sometimes walking out and setting my targets in the pipe stands that are buried in concrete at set distances, but I am all alone 95% of the time. I think maybe I'll cruise over there in a little while and do my own JW wannabee rod swinging party. The good news is that if anyone does come over while I'm doing it they'll just figure it's that crazy bastard again and probably leave. :)
which i too can appreciate my club. i too am alone all to often, at the 8:30 AM time i am there.

the public range really isn't bad, during the week early in the mornings as well, as long as...it's not school vacation week, or weekends, or holiday weekends, or the 1st 2 weeks in summer, when many shops are closed for vacations.

both are indoors,

the state owned outdoor range is (for me), real sweet, but a PITA to get to. so i hardly ever go there....can't say i really miss it either.

which i too can appreciate my club. i too am alone all to often, at the 8:30 AM time i am there.

the public range really isn't bad, during the week early in the mornings as well, as long as...it's not school vacation week, or weekends, or holiday weekends, or the 1st 2 weeks in summer, when many shops are closed for vacations.

both are indoors,

the state owned outdoor range is (for me), real sweet, but a PITA to get to. so i hardly ever go there....can't say i really miss it either.
I vastly prefer an outdoor range.

Don’t get me wrong, I would never give up my membership to Texas Gun Experience for a host of reasons, but because it is such a high-end facility it attracts a lot of people with more money than sense. It also does cool stuff like host a Cars and Coffee event and if you show up in a Porsche full of Sigs you get rockstar parking, so there’s that. Whereas I show up in the Porsche at a range like you mention and people look at you like you’re the entertainment. And of course there’s that crazy bastard with the shotguns who everyone leaves alone. Unless you notice he’s rocking a sweet modded P30L.

Btw, I still think about buying another one!

Don’t get me wrong, I would never give up my membership to Texas Gun Experience for a host of reasons, but because it is such a high-end facility it attracts a lot of people with more money than sense. It also does cool stuff like host a Cars and Coffee event and if you show up in a Porsche full of Sigs you get rockstar parking, so there’s that. Whereas I show up in the Porsche at a range like you mention and people look at you like you’re the entertainment. And of course there’s that crazy bastard with the shotguns who everyone leaves alone. Unless you notice he’s rocking a sweet modded P30L.

Btw, I still think about buying another one!
I've thought about that. I wonder if you might prefer one with an LEM trigger.

I suppose I could shoot a Sig like yours and possibly fall out of love with the HK, but I don't know how. Once in awhile I still kick around the idea of the short reset mod, but I get down with it just fine as it is.

It's hard to say what people would think if I started driving a Porsche. I definitely wouldn't blend in around here and I do try to keep a low profile most of the time. My rock start days are long gone. :cool:

Back