testtest

Just bought an Springfield Saint-AR15

Carnifex

Alpha
So I bought a Springfield Saint AR-15; and I've been pleasantly surprised with it. But I'm wondering why is my buttstock stuck; I want to replace the stock with an HERA Arms CQR but I've been having some issues with the removal so I just finally gave up; this is my first rifle and wanted to make the Springfield Saint my fun gun.

So I bought a Springfield Saint AR-15; and I've been pleasantly surprised with it. But I'm wondering why is my buttstock stuck; I want to replace the stock with an HERA Arms CQR but I've been having some issues with the removal so I just finally gave up; this is my first rifle and wanted to make the Springfield Saint my fun gun.
Just curious to what rifle you bought and what furniture is on it.

Can you post a picture?

The BCM gunfighter had a special process to remove the stock. Check out the video link below for an easy removal method.

The BCM gunfighter had a special process to remove the stock. Check out the video link below for an easy removal method.

Thanks
If you pull and hold the adjustment lever down while pulling back the sock will slide right off.
Oh okay; thanks for the quick help; yeah first time rifle buyer.... boss made me buy a rifle and I already cannot figure it out.

Thanks

Oh okay; thanks for the quick help; yeah first time rifle buyer.... boss made me buy a rifle and I already cannot figure it out.
Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club of adult Lego's. AR-15 rifles have so many accessories and upgrades that you can buy to really tailor your firearm to what you like best. I will warn you that it does become an awesome addiction that you're wallet may never recover from....😂

If you stick around on the forum there's a bunch of members here with eons of experience that don't mind sharing their knowledge & experience with tons of different firearm platforms.

Great choice with the Saint for a first AR-15.

Always make sure you're rifle is clear of any ammo, have the magazine removed, bolt locked open, and safety on when working on your rifle.

Last edited:
Well let me be the first to welcome you to the club of adult Lego's. AR-15 rifles have so many accessories and upgrades that you can buy to really tailor your firearm to what you like best. I will warn you that it does become an awesome addiction that you're wallet may never recover from....😂

If you stick around on the forum there's a bunch of members here with eons of experience that don't mind sharing their knowledge & experience with tons of different firearm platforms.

Great choice with the Saint for a first AR-15.

Always make sure you're rifle is clear of any ammo, have the magazine removed, bolt locked open, and safety on when working on your rifle.
First rule of rifle club is to make sure you can't kill yourself while playing with it. Yeah its an experience I love; been looking at the Springfields for sometime. And was thinking to myself if I'm gonna buy a rifle I better get a good one especially if I'm expected to lug it around all day.

First rule of rifle club is to make sure you can't kill yourself while playing with it. Yeah its an experience I love; been looking at the Springfields for sometime. And was thinking to myself if I'm gonna buy a rifle I better get a good one especially if I'm expected to lug it around all day.
Make sure you buy a good sling. Some of the cheaper ones may look good but they usually have inferior metal QD connectors or easily breakable plastic components.

I mostly stick with Magpul, Blue Force or Spector Gear for slings.

Make sure you buy a good sling. Some of the cheaper ones may look good but they usually have inferior metal QD connectors or easily breakable plastic components.

I mostly stick with Magpul, Blue Force or Spector Gear for slings.
I bought a Magpul Sling when I bought the Rifle; but the Saint doesn't allow me to by default put the sling on it except at the front of the barrel; and it gets heavy after walking for miles.

I bought a Magpul Sling when I bought the Rifle; but the Saint doesn't allow me to by default put the sling on it except at the front of the barrel; and it gets heavy after walking for miles.
You can buy an MLOK sling adapter to mount it closer to the receiver.

You can buy an MLOK sling adapter to mount it closer to the receiver.

That was one of the reasons I was looking at other stocks was having an issue removing the stock in the first place; as I'd like to have a smaller stock. But another question; I've been having an issue with M-LOK's slipping is this a common issue?

That was one of the reasons I was looking at other stocks was having an issue removing the stock in the first place; as I'd like to have a smaller stock. But another question; I've been having an issue with M-LOK's slipping is this a common issue?
If the MLOK is secured correctly (torqued to spec) it shouldn't slip.

Just a note: the MLOK rails on a Magpul polymer stock requires a much less in/lbs than a free-float aluminum handguard. 35 in/lbs for aluminum and 15 in/lbs for polymer.

Do you mean the QD adapter is coming loose?

If the MLOK is secured correctly (torqued to spec) it shouldn't slip.

Just a note: the MLOK rails on a Magpul polymer stock requires a much less in/lbs than a free-float aluminum handguard. 35 in/lbs for aluminum and 15 in/lbs for polymer.

Do you mean the QD adapter is coming loose?
The square locks keep rotating as I get them closer to the point where I need them to stay still or it screws it all up; I've tried to install pictanny rails and I'm about just short of paying a gunsmith to install the rails for me; which to be honest will be quite embarassing since I want to built my next rifle.

The square locks keep rotating as I get them closer to the point where I need them to stay still or it screws it all up; I've tried to install pictanny rails and I'm about just short of paying a gunsmith to install the rails for me; which to be honest will be quite embarassing since I want to built my next rifle.
Ehh don't be embarrassed these things take experience to get them right which comes with repetition and time.

Here's an easy way for you to try.

Have the square locks extended an equal distance up on the screw then give them a quarter turn after you push the mount into the handguard. Once they are turned pull down on the mount and keep the pulling pressure while taking turns going back and forth between the screws equally alternating tightening one twist at a time.

Back