testtest

Just my observation

Bloodknight

Master Class
Founding Member
Does anyone really believe that at this point. There is really any hope of lowering or even getting a handle on crime in this country? At best, I believe all we can hope for is to be able to have the right to protect ourselves without the left having us thrown in jail.Even if we control the house & senate, what will that change on the street. I believe the Geanie is out of the bottle.If the right gets some power.All we will have is what we have had in the past.No movement either way.

Does anyone really believe that at this point. There is really any hope of lowering or even getting a handle on crime in this country? At best, I believe all we can hope for is to be able to have the right to protect ourselves without the left having us thrown in jail.Even if we control the house & senate, what will that change on the street. I believe the Geanie is out of the bottle.If the right gets some power.All we will have is what we have had in the past.No movement either way.
What matters is what happens at the state and local levels.

The 5 million + of illegals (the majority being indentured servants of Mexican drug gangs, as well as those on terrorist lists that slip through) being welcomed across the southern border the last 2 yrs., as well as the flood of Mexican/Chicom fentanyl will continue to drive drug crime rates & kill US citizens across the country. All this will have long-lasting effects.

All this will continue to drive up crime especially in those well-known large metro areas, but as well in lower population areas. LEOs are stretched thin, under-fire politically and over-worked, so folks will have to rely on their own smarts to maintain/increase their own security.

Folks need to be aware of all this, the drug gangs that operate in their areas, and increase their awareness & secure themselves at home & when out.

My .02

Last edited:
iu

Bloodknight, I see your frustration regarding this. If the right people get into power who really enforce the law to include DA’S and constitutional based judges it can turn around. It will take some time but once the criminal element realizes that the rule of law is back this can be a substantial turning point. In my 38 year LEO career I enjoyed a period of very tough laws and more importantly the backing from the people. In fact the consensus was “we don’t care how you do it just do it.” People were absolutely tired of being victimized. I think that mind set is occurring right now. Being able to operate in those terms makes things much easier. You also need Officers who are willing to really be aggressive in enforcement matters. I worked in a unit that went after some of the worst/baddest criminals. These individuals were very dangerous and human life meant nothing to them. We had to be just as violent and ruthless as them to create an element of fear and deterrent. I did some very bad things to very bad criminals in the spirit of the code of the streets which the average citizen can’t begin to comprehend. Criminals like these only understand the elements in which they operate. Intimidation, violence ETC. We also used the RICO act to successfully prosecute cases that resulted in 30-50 year prison sentences. Believe me that gets attention real fast and it made a substantial difference. The bottom line, things can turn around if all of the components of the justice system work in harmony. It will take determination from Law Enforcement especially from Chiefs of Police and elected Sheriff’s to yield the enforcement arm. Right now there is no deterrent or consequences for those committing crimes. The no bail situation is also contributing to repeat crimes being committed. November 8 will be a clear indication just how the country wants to proceed. No matter what happens I will remain diligent and prepared.

This is by design with the "solution" being the taking of citizen guns. We see push back at the moment and will have to see where this goes in multiple areas (schools, crime, border, economy, fuel, etc.). The election is just a few days away and in the mean time, most of us are well armed.

For my $0.02 worth, I think a lot of the crime problem we have now can be traced back to the “war on drugs” inception and all the money that war has generated for gangs and drug lords. I have personally seen good, upstanding LEO’s get swayed over to the dark side by the lure of all the money. It is awfully tempting for the kid with holes in his shoes when he sees folks peddling drugs driving around in fancy cars and flashing money. As a country, we need to admit we have lost this war and change direction. This is difficult too since politicians like money also.

In the meantime, we have to do our best to protect ourselves and those we are responsible for. There will always be wife beaters, child abusers and folks like that who need to be in jail, so we don’t need to close our jails. :)

Locking people up doesn’t affect crime rates it just increases the amount of inmates the state is paying for.
SimonRL, I have to disagree with your assessment. I put a lot of career criminals in jail who were committing terrible crimes, multiple homicides. You don't want these people among you. Just look what is going on from removing the bail system. Serious repeat offenders to include homicide. How much money is worth the life of a victim. Paying for custody institutions is a necessary part of public safety. I know several family members who wished the assailant was kept in custody, but instead killed their loved one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back