testtest

Just my thoughts

Sig continues to expand the P- Series line, the P210 carry, The Spear, The P322. The P320 line has more diversity in the product line than most manufacturers have in their entire output and the P365 is not just responsible for the variations of its own line, but you can thank the P365 for virtually other micro carry pistol on the market as all the other manufacturers desperately try to grab the crumbs from that market. If Sig is not innovating, then the rest of the market is practically stagnant.

Just my thoughts.
Agree, if it wasn’t for the 365, might not have been a Hellcat, Taurus G line, but Glock had the G26 before the 365, but it’s bulky and not for everyone, didn’t say Sig wasn’t innovative, but how many models of the 365 or 320 do we need with just different bells and whistles…….don’t get me wrong, I like my Sigs, my Hellcat and Glocks. My point here is I don’t see the need for all the hoopla over a cosmetic or minor variation on the same weapon, that’s all I was meaning.

Edit: Never mind me, I just ramble on when I get bored, might need to get me some Geritol…..🤔🤔

Last edited:
While I love the choices we have today compared to 1987 sometimes it’s a little to over the top.

Companies want one thing and one thing only. To sell you stuff! And they have Marketed it so successfully the have convinced a whole segment of gun guys they need it. Then there is a whole entity of Gun channels telling you you won’t live through the night without it.

Red dots, small 9mm polymer guns first with 12 then 15 now 17 round mags, now porting etc etc etc.

They could probably put their logo or 20 handle names like the newest spec ops spinx xyz name on dog poo and fan boys would buy it.

Agree, if it wasn’t for the 365, might not have been a Hellcat, Taurus G line, but Glock had the G26 before the 365, but it’s bulky and not for everyone, didn’t say Sig wasn’t innovative, but how many models of the 365 or 320 do we need with just different bells and whistles…….don’t get me wrong, I like my Sigs, my Hellcat and Glocks. My point here is I don’t see the need for all the hoopla over a cosmetic or minor variation on the same weapon, that’s all I was meaning.

Edit: Never mind me, I just ramble on when I get bored, might need to get me some Geritol…..🤔🤔
Or some 1911ol

While I love the choices we have today compared to 1987 sometimes it’s a little to over the top.

Companies want one thing and one thing only. To sell you stuff! And they have Marketed it so successfully the have convinced a whole segment of gun guys they need it. Then there is a whole entity of Gun channels telling you you won’t live through the night without it.

Red dots, small 9mm polymer guns first with 12 then 15 now 17 round mags, now porting etc etc etc.

They could probably put their logo or 20 handle names like the newest spec ops spinx xyz name on dog poo and fan boys would buy it.
Marketing departments have to justify their existence and can only do so by showing increased sales after the greatest new whizbang promo rolls out. Having sat in on a marketing new sales plan development meeting (once) I can say it seemed to be a bunch of squirrel scampering wildly about the squirrel wheels and other apparati in a drugged frenzy trying to reinvent the wheel. While I enjoy my polymer pistols nothing can replace 1911s.

Marketing departments have to justify their existence and can only do so by showing increased sales after the greatest new whizbang promo rolls out. Having sat in on a marketing new sales plan development meeting (once) I can say it seemed to be a bunch of squirrel scampering wildly about the squirrel wheels and other apparati in a drugged frenzy trying to reinvent the wheel. While I enjoy my polymer pistols nothing can replace 1911s.
I can only imagine! I’m not a gear chasers in 33 years of Military and LE and training, going on deployments, shooting matches etc I have seen what works and most of the re invented wheels that don’t. And now working a retail side as an instructor in my retired years I see a lot of latest and not so greatest.

Some companies have done a great job with decent new products. Most not so much but they sure made money convincing folks they just have to have it.

I guess in my mid 50’s I’m not impressed that much with John Wick stuff!

And most folks dont buy a new gun every year
The last 40 plus years I was one of those people and suddenly COVID popped its head out. I won't say how many guns I bought since then, but it was more than 1 per year.
Oh well my game plan is to have my family sell them and possibly donate the cash to kids who are in real need to maybe give them a chance at a better life.
Am I looking at this wrong in that the kids I speak of are American ? I have always believed we take care our own and then we can try and save the world.

Doesn't get any better or tougher than a 50 or 60 something power wagon! Ford or Chevy! Yes, :unsure: :rolleyes: :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: I said Chevy
Or a 2000 f150 lowered ready to roll best truck ever

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
As a kid in the 50s some neighbor would show up with a shiny new version of last years technology and the Dads would ooh and ahh and we kids looked under the hood and saw last years wheezy motor, wimpy brakes, spindly suspension and skinny tires and thought "don't these guys follow racing?"
as a kid, when a neighbor came home with a new vehicle we all turned out to look at it..

4 on the floor, the horse power, the stance, the build......

dang powerful new horse, only to be put in front of the old buckboard......

I can only imagine! I’m not a gear chasers in 33 years of Military and LE and training, going on deployments, shooting matches etc I have seen what works and most of the re invented wheels that don’t. And now working a retail side as an instructor in my retired years I see a lot of latest and not so greatest.

Some companies have done a great job with decent new products. Most not so much but they sure made money convincing folks they just have to have it.

I guess in my mid 50’s I’m not impressed that much with John Wick stuff!
Other than the TTI Glocks none of the Wick stuff is “latest and greatest”
Benelli M4, P30L, KSG.

I think, perhaps, looking at the question/subject @Annihilator first posed…what bugs me is Springfield’s way of going about it, vs other companies—we’ll take, for example, S&W.

When S&W dropped the Shield Plus—they dropped EVERY MODEL with no build up… Optics/no optics, standard/Performance Center, 4”, 3”…all models were introduced (although not all were immediately in production, iirc) so that if you wanted a 4” PC model with optics, and not just a standard model—you knew it was coming soon.

Compare this to Springfield’s way of marketing…first off, hype the crap out of for a week or a month prior to release…then, 3 months later, introduce a NEW model, with more bells & whistles that a lot of the folks who bought the first version would have preferred…and repeat again & again.

To my way of seeing it—S&W markets to adults; Springfield is marketing to…adolescents who will abandon one model for the latest & greatest.

I’m sure they’re making money doing it this way, but…I don’t have to like it.

I think, perhaps, looking at the question/subject @Annihilator first posed…what bugs me is Springfield’s way of going about it, vs other companies—we’ll take, for example, S&W.

When S&W dropped the Shield Plus—they dropped EVERY MODEL with no build up… Optics/no optics, standard/Performance Center, 4”, 3”…all models were introduced (although not all were immediately in production, iirc) so that if you wanted a 4” PC model with optics, and not just a standard model—you knew it was coming soon.

Compare this to Springfield’s way of marketing…first off, hype the crap out of for a week or a month prior to release…then, 3 months later, introduce a NEW model, with more bells & whistles that a lot of the folks who bought the first version would have preferred…and repeat again & again.

To my way of seeing it—S&W markets to adults; Springfield is marketing to…adolescents who will abandon one model for the latest & greatest.

I can see how that's annoying but I would have to consider the size differences between the two companies. I believe S&W is quite larger when we are talking sheer output capabilities. I think the way S&W is better in most cases but could Springfield keep up with all the demand? Seemingly no.

I can see how that's annoying but I would have to consider the size differences between the two companies. I believe S&W is quite larger when we are talking sheer output capabilities. I think the way S&W is better in most cases but could Springfield keep up with all the demand? Seemingly no.
How hard would it be for Springfield to drop, say, the Hellcat, and at the same time drop the RDP, with a disclaimer “coming in X months”?

Hans I think you're on to the strategy

Let’s be honest, the entire firearms industry and the 2A community runs on keeping you constantly concerned that you may not be prepared, may not have the latest greatest, may not train enough, don’t train the right way, that you don’t have the right insurance, that you don’t need insurance and now you’re even hearing some say that 17 round mags are too large to carry, while others think 15 is a liability. The truth is that the vast majority of us will never fire our guns outside of a range - god willing. I just try to enjoy myself. I’ve made some great friends, had some great experiences and challenged myself. If I ever stop enjoying myself I will change direction faster than you can say “Did you see what @SimonRL bought now?”

Btw, if Sig ever comes out with Legion Grey dog poo with the Legion medallion pressed into it, I’ll be first in line! 😜😎😇

Let’s be honest, the entire firearms industry and the 2A community runs on keeping you constantly concerned that you may not be prepared, may not have the latest greatest, may not train enough, don’t train the right way, that you don’t have the right insurance, that you don’t need insurance and now your even hearing some say that 17 round mags are too large to carry, while others think 15 is a liability. The truth is that the vast majority of us will never fire our guns outside of a range - god willing. I just try to enjoy myself. I’ve made some great friends, had some great experiences and challenged myself. If I ever stop enjoying myself I will change direction faster than you can say “Did you see what @SimonRL bought now?”

Btw, if Sig ever comes out with Legion Grey dog poo with the Legion medallion pressed into it, I’ll be first in line! 😜😎😇
Yep. I think carry insurance is the biggest scam ever. Personally I have my own attorney on permanent retainer. He's a pitbull and a former prosecutor and a good friend of mine. I asked him about carry insurance and he told me he had me. I'm good.

Let’s be honest, the entire firearms industry and the 2A community runs on keeping you constantly concerned that you may not be prepared, may not have the latest greatest, may not train enough, don’t train the right way, that you don’t have the right insurance, that you don’t need insurance and now you’re even hearing some say that 17 round mags are too large to carry, while others think 15 is a liability. The truth is that the vast majority of us will never fire our guns outside of a range - god willing. I just try to enjoy myself. I’ve made some great friends, had some great experiences and challenged myself. If I ever stop enjoying myself I will change direction faster than you can say “Did you see what @SimonRL bought now?”

Oh I agree. I will also admit I do have a Sig 226 Legion but the P series is about the only Sig I’m interested in.

But on a related note if someone fires all 17 rounds I’d like to see that statement to the authorities. Will be an interesting read! LOL

FE42E804-C7AE-4305-ACDB-CF1C84ED7025.gif

Back