testtest

Just who is dumb enough to buy this?

Hi,

The concept is valid, I suppose. It works in the science fiction movies. If the bad guy wrestled your gun away from you, he couldn't use it. Kids couldn't accidentally discharge the gun. Of course, shouldn't your guns be secured from little fingers anyway? In that case the device is redundant.

This would seem another potential point of failure in the operation of the firearm, a malfunction that you can't fix in the middle of a gun fight. No thanks, not until it is 100% reliable. Even then, if the biometric device is connected to the internet it could be tracked and the gun disabled remotely by a corrupt government or a hacker.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I used to work for a biometric ID company. Fingerprint readers are not that reliable for a large segment of the population due to wear on their fingers or aging. I often had problems getting into my office because the fingerprint reader had trouble recognizing my prints. Likewise, facial recognition has a high error rate and usually works well only under controlled conditions. Besides, it probably wouldn't take that long for "bad actors" to disable these "safety interlocks". Also, we don't need to inject more dependence on vendors supplying electronic gadgets of dubious quality from (Communist) China into our supply chain for any reason. This invention belongs in the same category as "stab proof knives" that being promoted in (surprise! surprise!) Britain after authorities discovered people really didn't need guns to kill each other.

53e46b1fa308745b8cd6eb027d9c3dad8f76f1a6-1280x720.jpg

Here is a smart gun that would work. Sit stay, snipe. Concealment would suck, but you could keep it in your EV. Just leave the windows cracked.

Last edited:
Back