testtest

Justified??

I spent many nights staking out stop & robs. It was like fishing, be patient and an armed robber will show up.
I've had one crackhead try to take my gun off me at a Kum & Go while I was putting gas in the company car. I had to go in and get the receipt.

I had one Crackhead attack me in a 7-Eleven while I was getting another receipt.

After that I went to the edge of town for gas.

For a while there was a trend of armed robberies where they'd start at one end of a street and rob every convenience store on the street for a couple of miles.

It might still be happening but I'm not working nights and listening to the scanner anymore.

I have a fun story about a fellow officer during the late 70's in Ohio.

This officer's wife worked at a Stop & Go on midnights and he was terrified she would be harmed by robbers, so he sat in his car with a radio, off duty, across the street when she was working. Sure enough he sees some thug through binoculars accost his wife with a knife, then force her into the cooler in back while he cleaned out the till. The officer called for backup and was beside himself, but responding supervisors convinced him to stay hidden until the robber exited to avoid a possible hostage situation. The thug was unpleasantly surprised to be greeted by a crowd of officers with shotguns when he exited. They spread eagled him on the sidewalk and the supervisor called the husband officer over to cuff the suspect.

Now this officer was carrying a Colt 1911 as his off duty gun, but did not have a lot of experience with 1911's. As he was attempting to make the 1911 safe and holster, he had what he claimed was an unintended discharge. The 230 grain slug struck the concrete between the thug's legs close enough to his manhood to tear some fabric on the crotch of his bluejeans. The slug went on to knock a chunk out of the concrete but there were no injuries. The thug thought the officers were justvgoing to execute him right there. The officer's wife in the cooler was unharmed other than being groped by the thug, the oficer was sent for some 1911 training, and the hole in the concrete served as a warning to others with attendant story for years to come.

I don't know how things will go there. IMHO, replace the ammo, give him a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes and send him on his merry way at taxpayers' expense. He did more good in two min. than most public servants will do in a year. Thats coming from a retired public servant. ;)

Well living in Michigan I would think by the way our laws are it SHOULD be a justified shoot. I watched a few times and not being able to see the robber as he shot is my biggest concern.

Did he drop the box cutter when shot? Was he running away? Was he down? Unless i am not seeing something there is room for interpretation by someone scrutinizing the shoot. It all might fall on the clerks testimony of the events. Will the prosecutor decide that the during the last shots he was no longer a threat? Have learned not to guess what they will decide is right for thier careers.

Last edited:
The hero did great for shooting one handed under pressure. He got effective hits on a moving target. He surveyed the situation, took cover and pulled his gun, originally fired from behind cover where the perp was also behind cover, e.i., the counter, snacks, glass, etc. He got the perp who most likely was turnt to his side in the arm, then got him in the back when his back was turnt, and the hero also got a face shot. He was calm, and didn't just mag dump until empty like I see most, including L.E., do in these type of situations. That all ended the threat, and that's the goal.

Some think and Mondays quarterback that unless the threat is killed, the lawful shooter needs more training, and didn't do a great job. I have to respectfully disagree. The goal of any shoot is effective rounds on target and to stop the threat.

A carrier felon will not get life because of his 3rd strike, and is being sent to were he belongs with memories of his last moments as a free man being on the floor, bleeding, and begging for his life like all his victims had to do.

In my state depending on where the incident took place the man could of had issue with the alcohol and the weapon being a box cutter. Not for sure a box cutter would cause me great concern but make it a Machete different story ;)

Living in MI, the only concern I see is…the shooter (according to that news clip) could not see the weapon.
Seeing fear in someone else’s eyes is a very, very thin line.

That being said, my personal opinon, he did us all a favor and it should be justified.
But I’m not a lawyer, politician, policeman or a judge.
And this is WAY out of my jurisdiction, so I won’t be the jury either…

Hero! We need more law-abiding citizens to be prepared to come to others' defense!
I have a friend who was in a fast food restaurant 20 years ago when it got robbed.

He tried to intervene and the robber shot him. My friend killed the robber and got shot two or three times, over a couple of hundred dollars in the till.

The restaurant completely disavowed his actions.

His personal finances are none of my business but I think he's still paying off the hospital debt.

And I know because he told me that he still has physical issues related to the gunfight.

If I have any other option I am not getting in a gunfight over somebody else's insured cash register.

All the Ayerco ga stations have signs up,gun free zone, so I always go to Shell.
I was told in class if your life or the life of your loved ones are not in danger, stay out of the situation. You are not law enforcement. But living in a small town where everybody knows everybody, I don't know if I could. I hope I never hafta make that decision.

The hero did great for shooting one handed under pressure. He got effective hits on a moving target. He surveyed the situation, took cover and pulled his gun, originally fired from behind cover where the perp was also behind cover, e.i., the counter, snacks, glass, etc. He got the perp who most likely was turnt to his side in the arm, then got him in the back when his back was turnt, and the hero also got a face shot. He was calm, and didn't just mag dump until empty like I see most, including L.E., do in these type of situations. That all ended the threat, and that's the goal.

Some think and Mondays quarterback that unless the threat is killed, the lawful shooter needs more training, and didn't do a great job. I have to respectfully disagree. The goal of any shoot is effective rounds on target and to stop the threat.

A carrier felon will not get life because of his 3rd strike, and is being sent to were he belongs with memories of his last moments as a free man being on the floor, bleeding, and begging for his life like all his victims had to do.
Agreed. But should have dropped beer and used 2 hands for better control.

All the Ayerco ga stations have signs up,gun free zone, so I always go to Shell.
I was told in class if your life or the life of your loved ones are not in danger, stay out of the situation. You are not law enforcement. But living in a small town where everybody knows everybody, I don't know if I could. I hope I never hafta make that decision.
You don't have to know someone to save their life.

Back