testtest

Kimber moves from NY to Alabama

I’m going to be honest, here: not many gun companies who have moved their production south have held up, and quality definitely suffers...look at the Berettas that came out after they moved to Tennessee, for example...many had buggered up slides from missing the pins with punches, among other issues.

Para Ordnance moves from Canada to South Carolina, and was never the same, quality-wise.

DPMS moved from MN to Arkansas and pretty much went under.

I don’t think this bodes well for Kimber.

I’m going to be honest, here: not many gun companies who have moved their production south have held up, and quality definitely suffers...look at the Berettas that came out after they moved to Tennessee, for example...many had buggered up slides from missing the pins with punches, among other issues.

Para Ordnance moves from Canada to South Carolina, and was never the same, quality-wise.

Well I applied for the open assembly quality control position so if hired maybe I can turn that history around. 😎🤠

I owned three Kimber 1911s in the past and wondered why they shipped each one a low cost magazine [singular]. I would hope that they would start adding higher quality mags in each box like SA.

Well I ordered a Aegis Pro 9mm back in Feb. so maybe now I will get by the end of the year. David N. Kimber mags were never any good for anything except use as a "Barney" mag in competition.

I owned three Kimber 1911s in the past and wondered why they shipped each one a low cost magazine [singular]. I would hope that they would start adding higher quality mags in each box like SA.
I have a Kimber SS Custom II in 45 and recently picked up a Kimber SS Target II in 9mm (my first 1911 9mm). I really don't remember how many mags came with the 45 as it was several years ago (but probably one as you said). But I was shocked when I only received one with the 9mm. I thought the LGS must of pulled one from the case and forgot to put it back in. But looking at several online sites for this model, seemed to confirm that it only comes with one. Other Sites listed that Kimber mags caused several malfunctions and one should get different mags from other manufactures.

Was Kimber firearms any good to begin with....just sayin...😬😬😬😬

Was Kimber firearms any good to begin with....just sayin...😬😬😬😬
My Kimber 1911 45 has been good with no problems and very accurate. But In all honesty, I haven't fired it that much, maybe 200-300 rounds on initial trial run. The 9mm, was one of the few pistol firearms they had in the store. They must of had a maximum of 25 when they usually have hundreds. I bought what I could find, and it seemed to get good reviews.

Kimber started in Oregon making high-end 22lr rifles, including some sigle shot heavy-barrel ones for the US Army to train recruits. They developed a nice centerfire rifle but then the Company decided to move to NY.

Some emplyees started their own businesses and stayed west. One example is Cooper Firearms in MT.

Kimber also has some sort of operation in Kalispell. Don't know what will happen to that.

I totally see your point. Over the years I’ve worked with multiple companies that have moved and dropped in quality. The problem, at least with the one I worked for, was it wasn’t the only move they made to save money. The move was supported in part by tax breaks but that never covers what they expected it to and poor planning ran rampant. Exec management will make or break the transition.

Back