testtest

Kubotan: The Ultimate "Unarmed" Self-Defense Tool?

Reading is fundamental.

I have no idea where you live, so I don't know what your state/local laws are regarding what "you" can legally carry/own.

You're the only person that can help yourself; Nobody else will do it for you.

You still haven't given me a reason why I'd have one on me. I don't use the things, never have, so I have no idea how they're used or what they're for. And you're not helping at all.

You still haven't given me a reason why I'd have one on me. I don't use the things, never have, so I have no idea how they're used or what they're for. And you're not helping at all.
So you can't see any use for a carbiner ? Maybe you have 12 keys. That's a lot of weight hanging of your ignition lock. So you hang just the ignition key on it's own ring, on a carbiner so you can take that one key off and still have all your other keys on you.

Or here's one. My Freightliner has keys for all the bins and other keys for the locks that hold the bars that run down each side, locking all the bins on that side above and beyond the key'ed door locks. Then I also have a key for my tractor which is on the trailer and a key for the plastic rack. Plus the ignition key. When it's cold outside I start my truck so it is warm when I get inside, then I unlock all the bins and other things and get the material and equipment I need for the day. So I keep the ignition key on a separate key ring so I can take all my lock keys and leave the ignition key in the ignition. I hold all my key rings on a carbiner.

The bottom line is there are a million things a carbiner is useful for. The vast majority of them are not for climbing. In fact they state right on them, "Not rated for climbing". Just because you don't personally have a use for them doesn't mean a lot of other people don't. I don't need to validate my use of them. You don't either. You appear to be choosing to though.

Good idea! Now give us a valid reason why you'd be walking around a typical American town/city with one of those in your pocket, if you don't rock-climb or camp or do anything "outdoorsy."

I'm not being a smartass here. I'm legitimately asking.

I collect carabiners just 'cause. I hook them onto my backpacks and sling bags in case I need to use them to hang things on them, like my key ring. They come in handy for other things as well.

So you can't see any use for a carbiner ? Maybe you have 12 keys. That's a lot of weight hanging of your ignition lock. So you hang just the ignition key on it's own ring, on a carbiner so you can take that one key off and still have all your other keys on you.

Or here's one. My Freightliner has keys for all the bins and other keys for the locks that hold the bars that run down each side, locking all the bins on that side above and beyond the key'ed door locks. Then I also have a key for my tractor which is on the trailer and a key for the plastic rack. Plus the ignition key. When it's cold outside I start my truck so it is warm when I get inside, then I unlock all the bins and other things and get the material and equipment I need for the day. So I keep the ignition key on a separate key ring so I can take all my lock keys and leave the ignition key in the ignition. I hold all my key rings on a carbiner.

The bottom line is there are a million things a carbiner is useful for. The vast majority of them are not for climbing. In fact they state right on them, "Not rated for climbing". Just because you don't personally have a use for them doesn't mean a lot of other people don't. I don't need to validate my use of them. You don't either. You appear to be choosing to though.
Now we're (finally) getting somewhere. You're actually giving me a couple ideas of something I could plausibly use a carabiner for. Your uses might not work for me, but you've set me on a path where I could come up with a plausible use of my own. Thanks!

It's not illegal for me to own a baseball bat or a claw hammer, or to use one as a self-defense weapon, but I don't play baseball or work in construction, so if I actually DID use one of those things as a defensive weapon, somewhere along the line, someone is going to ask me WHY I had such a thing out in public. Understand?

I actually use a USGI machete as a gardening tool. No problem using it as a weapon on my own property, but again, gonna cause me problems out "on the street." Maybe even in my car.

A 4-cell Maglite, I can explain. I'd like to be able to explain my possession of a carabiner as a common EDC pocket item, the way I do my Victorinox Adventurer or my Kubotan. Again, thanks for finally giving me some good ideas. ;)

Now we're (finally) getting somewhere. You're actually giving me a couple ideas of something I could plausibly use a carabiner for. Your uses might not work for me, but you've set me on a path where I could come up with a plausible use of my own. Thanks!

It's not illegal for me to own a baseball bat or a claw hammer, or to use one as a self-defense weapon, but I don't play baseball or work in construction, so if I actually DID use one of those things as a defensive weapon, somewhere along the line, someone is going to ask me WHY I had such a thing out in public. Understand?

I actually use a USGI machete as a gardening tool. No problem using it as a weapon on my own property, but again, gonna cause me problems out "on the street." Maybe even in my car.

A 4-cell Maglite, I can explain. I'd like to be able to explain my possession of a carabiner as a common EDC pocket item, the way I do my Victorinox Adventurer or my Kubotan. Again, thanks for finally giving me some good ideas. ;)
A weapon, is a weapon, is a weapon.
If its legal to own like a hammer or bat, you dont need a reason to have one in your vehicle.
Its how you employ it. At that point it wont matter the object if you beat someone up. It will be assault with a weapon.
It’s why in NHL they throw down their sticks before their brawl

Anything can be a deadly weapon if used that way. We once had a case at Thanksgiving where a guy beat a relative to death with a frozen turkey.

Thanksgiving was always a violent time for family violence. When I was SWAT commander I sat down to Thanksgiving dinner every year in SWAT gear because a SWAT callout was likeky. Put family members who don't much like one another, add alcohol and some Adam Henry's and almost anything could happen.

Lol, to many Steven Seagal movies being watched……..
1686757895585.gif

Kubotan is a nice tool to have if you do a little bit of training with it. Personally, if I need a tool like Kubotan I'll usually carry a Karambit knife and strike with it closed so it's not as lethal as with the knife open and blade out. Plus it has the retention factor by being able to put either your index or pinky finger in it.

I've been training in Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) since the 1980s and do Limb Destructions(Brachial, Femural strikes) with empty hands, a pen, a closed butterfly knife, or Karambit, etc, etc.

There's a technique we teach called "Gun-ting"(Scissors motion) that's very painful(when done with an empty hand or a closed knife. There's all kinds of strikes you can do with a pen or Kubutan in your hand that can cause a lot of pain.

A little bit of good training on a consistent basis goes a long way to get an aggressive person to back off without hurting them too badly. It's nice to have non-lethal tools like Kubotans and such and know how to use them.

According to FBI stats more homicides are committed with...Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.)1 (1 = Pushed is included in personal weapons) all = Body parts. And are strangled, drowning and asphyxiated; than if rifles, shotguns and other guns combined.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

And ANTIFA prefers doing soccer kicks to the head.
Humans are diabolically creative in fiinding ways to kill other humans. It all started with one guy with a rock.

Back