testtest

leather holster, finally

I have holsters all over and I like leather and my favorite was a jackass rig and it finally needed to be put down and now I needed anoter to replace it but sticker shock now days makes me want to star carrying my nitro to keep my heart functioning so I started looking for a used one. I am not a fan of open carry in cities plus with shoulder problems reaching to 3 oclock position is a real pain and no good for driving. Well I found one for my 1911 and to look at it I think it was a display model and I snag it for $50 and it is in 2 freezer bags with a small amount of boot oil as I don't believe its ever held a 1911. It is premium saddle leather horizontal and 2 mag holders and comes from Robert Saddlery in El Paso Tx and after it cures for a couple days it will go into service and a bug will have its perch also. It will be able to give me my comfort zone once again. I have some absolutely wonderful holsters but drawing from many has become a problem because of the injuries my old body has suffered now I will have my problems solved with a quality holster that fiys my needs, I like used as I am a second lion.

I am hoping to find a wheel gun as my love for them still lives and if I am lucky enough to fined one that fits my needs I will go for a Doc Holiday holster from the same maker. As for everything that went on while looking at the where's and what's and the diagrams I got lost so I will just go back to my over-watch hide and become silent as thats what makes my life wonderful, no confusion as I am just a simple old guy so back to the front porch and sharpen some knives or write some stories to pass on to my kids.

This is just my way of looking at it but I'd put the gun in the holster , snap the retention strap and roll
yes, i wrapped the gun in wax paper, as per a couple of suggestions, to get "some" of the wax into the holster, for an easier slide in/out.

as it is now, it is working out fine. but, i still wanna make sure that i can draw it fast if i have to, and right now, that insipid thumb break makes that difficult. i do not have long fingers to simply "flip" it open. i have to use my left hand to do that.

i think that by the time all is said and done, i'd be the dead guy....

i might even just cut that dang thing off......

there should have been an option to have a thumb break, or not......cuz i would have chosen NO thumb break.....

i dunno, i am weighing some options right now

yes, i wrapped the gun in wax paper, as per a couple of suggestions, to get "some" of the wax into the holster, for an easier slide in/out.

as it is now, it is working out fine. but, i still wanna make sure that i can draw it fast if i have to, and right now, that insipid thumb break makes that difficult. i do not have long fingers to simply "flip" it open. i have to use my left hand to do that.

i think that by the time all is said and done, i'd be the dead guy....

i might even just cut that dang thing off......

there should have been an option to have a thumb break, or not......cuz i would have chosen NO thumb break.....

i dunno, i am weighing some options right now
Before you "cut that dang thing off" try rubbing the waxed paper all around on the male part of the snap and inside the female part best you can.... or use a small chunk of paraffin wax and rub it around. That tiny bit of lubricant will probably be just enough to make it work easier. If it doesn't, add just a drop of gun oil to the male and inside the female for a better effect. Not enough to drip or run, just enough to wet it. Good luck!

And speaking of leather holsters ..... just yesterday I ran into some info on some of the nicest leather works, especially holsters I've seen in a long time. Y'all check out "Andrewsleather.com" and look around. I think you'll be impressed.

No connection to them .................. just appreciate good quality when I see it.

Before you "cut that dang thing off" try rubbing the waxed paper all around on the male part of the snap and inside the female part best you can.... or use a small chunk of paraffin wax and rub it around. That tiny bit of lubricant will probably be just enough to make it work easier. If it doesn't, add just a drop of gun oil to the male and inside the female for a better effect. Not enough to drip or run, just enough to wet it. Good luck!
What are we talking about here, holsters or………..🤔🤔🤔🤔

34D6122E-B5F4-4685-A7C9-959B05C6DCD2.gif

What are we talking about here, holsters or………..🤔🤔🤔🤔

View attachment 30317
LOL! LOL! I guess if you just read the first few lines it would appear pretty risque! I only used the 'male/female' analogy because I don't know the correct name for 'snap halves'. Oh well, we live and learn .......... HUH? :):):)

I promise my mind was not in the gutter as I wrote it ...... but I will admit I did snicker just a tad! :p:D:D

i used to have a box of wax here, i just cannot find it.

i know i still have to "break it in, but i have had other issues at the house of late, taking me away from what needs to be done with the holster.

the other day, i changed out the wax paper, and worked the gun in/out a few times.

I am hoping to find a wheel gun as my love for them still lives and if I am lucky enough to fined one that fits my needs I will go for a Doc Holiday holster from the same maker. As for everything that went on while looking at the where's and what's and the diagrams I got lost so I will just go back to my over-watch hide and become silent as thats what makes my life wonderful, no confusion as I am just a simple old guy so back to the front porch and sharpen some knives or write some stories to pass on to my kids.
Exactly what are your needs in a revolver. Should not be too tough to find obe that suits your needs, there are so many options.

Back