testtest

leather holster, finally

Hi,

BassCliff,
☝️You sly ol' dogg .....you! (y);) You made a fun play on words.

And now you've got to tell us how to make the 'not equal to' sign. Oh yeh ya' do!!!

As was mentioned before, the keystroke <Alt>+8800 will create the <does not equal> sign in a Microsoft word processor, Word or WordPad. You can copy and paste from there. Note: I use the open source office suite LibreOffice which seems more HTML based and does not work the same.

I think it's easier to pull up the Character Map in Windows 10, then copy and paste from there. (Do you guys really want to see this geeky stuff?) 🤓

1. Hit the <Windows> key on your keyboard. It's on the bottom row and looks like the 'Windows' logo, usually between the <Ctrl> and <Alt> keys.
2. Just start typing "character map" (without quotes). This should pop up before you're done typing the words:

1659328816305.png

3. Hit <Enter> or click the app or click 'Open'. You'll see this:

1659328928725.png

4. Scroll down about 13 pages until you see fractions and other math symbols:

1659329020564.png

5. Double-click the <does not equal> symbol:

1659329182057.png

5A. Or click once to highlight the sign, click "Select", click "Copy":

View attachment 29561

6. Then paste [ <Crtl>+V ] the symbol into your post.
Note: The keystroke to copy is <Crtl>+C. Just FYI.

Or just copy one of these and keep it handy. ;)

≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠

And so ends our computer lesson for today. Don't forget, there will be a test on Friday.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Attachments

• 1659329272842.png
    1659329272842.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 86
Huh???? I don't understand what this is all about. I never saw anything to make me think you were arguing with me. There was a couple posts back and forth with you and someone, but it wasn't me. We (you and me), we're all good as far as I'm concerned.

Or, were you just being a little sardonic? It's all Okee Dokee. (y)

That post was 100% serious. I wanted to make sure that there were no misunderstandings. Sometimes it's difficult to communicate clearly in writing

That post was 100% serious. I wanted to make sure that there were no misunderstandings. Sometimes it's difficult to communicate clearly in writing
There is nothing difficult in typing out……
“OWB does not equal open carry”
My opinion.
If someone wants to use symbols that are confusing or not known easily by everyone then that’s where it becomes hard to understand.

Totally agree about the written word not always being well understood. No body language to see, no voice inflections/deflections, no nuance at all. But I'm a pretty easy going country boy and don't get all up in a dither too easily. Like I said, we're all good. But thanks for the explanation, "you done good son, you done good".

Actually I'm so easy going I sometimes get taken advantage of just because I am so easy going. (y) (y):)

There is nothing difficult in typing out……
“OWB does not equal open carry”
My opinion.
If someone wants to use symbols that are confusing or not known easily by everyone then that’s where it becomes hard to understand.
True but I thought that was a pretty common symbol

my Craft Holsters, leather came in friday. i have had my Ruger in it pretty much since then to get it to fit. been doing ok, the only issue i have is the thumb break. i have stretched it as per the directions, and applied i guess some sort of "relaxing" chemical they sent me.

plastic bag routine.

i check it out once a day.

the other issue i have is that it has a metal belt clip and man, that sucker is HARD to open up, to slip over my belt.

they did include a "tool" of sorts, i think it's to pry open the clip??

here is everything, including the gun in the plastic bag, and the "green tool"??

1661784365270.png

about the only thing i can imagine this "tool" does...???

1661784411808.png

and i just wet the crap outta the thumb break, bent it back, and that tiny tube of "relaxer" is not empty....sheesh......for what i paid for it too..

1661784512409.png

any ideas on what i can use to "relax" the leather??

and also, even with the plastic nag removed, the gun still "sticks(??)" in the holster, and it is "hard" to pull out.

would i "assume" that many more "practice" draws will loosen the fit even more for a faster draw..???

thanks in advance.

If I get a holster that is extremely tight I will use a little Bick 4 on the outside leather then wrap the gun in wax paper push it to desired spot then leave it for a few days. I will occasionally twist the gun during this time while it is in the holster.

If I get a holster that is extremely tight I will use a little Bick 4 on the outside leather then wrap the gun in wax paper push it to desired spot then leave it for a few days. I will occasionally twist the gun during this time while it is in the holster.
i had to look up Bick 4.....as i did not know what it was.

i did see the wax paper trick, after i posted my question(s), as well as a video on several insertions and pull outs to "loosen" things a bit.

as well as the original company's suggestion of twisting the thumb break

having a leather holster is of course all new to me, and from what i gather now, it does take a "little time and effort" to get them work out.

I like my leather holsters to be very tight when they first arrive.
yes, nearly every video says "if you have a problem making the thumb break snap, you got a good fitting holster".

i know it'll take some time, i just minutes ago, went and wrapped the gun in wax paper. the thumb break is now "uncurled" from the picture i posted and is nearly straight. as it was, when i'd unsnap it, it stayed wrapped around the hammer, making withdrawal difficult.

my Craft Holsters, leather came in friday. i have had my Ruger in it pretty much since then to get it to fit. been doing ok, the only issue i have is the thumb break. i have stretched it as per the directions, and applied i guess some sort of "relaxing" chemical they sent me.

plastic bag routine.

i check it out once a day.

the other issue i have is that it has a metal belt clip and man, that sucker is HARD to open up, to slip over my belt.

they did include a "tool" of sorts, i think it's to pry open the clip??

here is everything, including the gun in the plastic bag, and the "green tool"??

View attachment 30235

about the only thing i can imagine this "tool" does...???

View attachment 30236

and i just wet the crap outta the thumb break, bent it back, and that tiny tube of "relaxer" is not empty....sheesh......for what i paid for it too..

View attachment 30238

any ideas on what i can use to "relax" the leather??

and also, even with the plastic nag removed, the gun still "sticks(??)" in the holster, and it is "hard" to pull out.

would i "assume" that many more "practice" draws will loosen the fit even more for a faster draw..???

thanks in advance.
Is that holster custom fit for a Ruger?

If I have to do all that to get a holster to work I bought the wrong holster.

When I buy a holster I just use it. Anything I do to "break it in" just accelerates the wear process.

Back