testtest

Level II Holster

USMC1911

Elite
I work with a Security Company that has the contract for the US Marshals in the Southern District. Security Company wants us to have a Level II holster. I’m looking for some recommendations. I’ve always been a leather holster guy. Only time I had retention requirements might have been when I was a LEO. The security gig is suit and tie. I’m looking for something not to bulky.

When I worked for G4S they issued us Safariland 6280 holsters

Safariland is considered to be The industry standard.

The only thing that I would add to what he said in that video is the when I was breaking in my holster I would crank the retention screw all the way down. You can crank it down far enough that you cannot get the gun out of the holster.

And then when I went to work I would loosen the retention screw up until I could draw the gun easily but not too easily.

My job at the time was doing Security checks on electrical substations in the middle of the night. So I would walk around the fence line, sometimes up to a mile and I would practice drawing the weapon from the 6280 holster until I was able to do it without thinking about it. It's a very intuitive holster.

And then G4s, being G4S got rid of all of them and issued everybody those stupid SERPAS.

Last edited:
Back