testtest

Ligers And Tigons - Some Of The Worlds Largest Cats

BobM

Hellcat
A few interesting articles about the worlds largest cats and sometimes controversial, the huge Liger and the Tigon. A relatively unknown sometimes accidental and hybrid species and combinations of Lions and Tigers. The Liger is a cross between a male lion and female tiger and is the larger of the two. The Tigon is the smaller opposite crossing with a female lion and male tiger. With the Tigon being more rare.

There is also a third big cat classified as a Litigon, a more rare hybrid between a male lion and female Tigon that's about the size of a Liger. All three are relatively rare and unknown. The intermingling of big cats is not new by any means, it dates back centuries and can be found in a few different countries as well. The articles also state some amazing facts.

A few interesting articles about the worlds largest cats and sometimes controversial, the huge Liger and the Tigon. A relatively unknown sometimes accidental and hybrid species and combinations of Lions and Tigers. The Liger is a cross between a male lion and female tiger and is the larger of the two. The Tigon is the smaller opposite crossing with a female lion and male tiger. With the Tigon being more rare.

There is also a third big cat classified as a Litigon, a more rare hybrid between a male lion and female Tigon that's about the size of a Liger. All three are relatively rare and unknown. The intermingling of big cats is not new by any means, it dates back centuries and can be found in a few different countries as well. The articles also state some amazing facts.

Wikipedia Asian Month 2021 ????​

Why in hell people continue to dilute the species this way ????? It's not made anything better in all the attempts that have been recognized. In fact in many cases the result is a psychotic, and/or deformed, or at least a lesser animal of whatever combinations used. The simple fact is in no case has there been a demonstrable improvement proven. Have you ever noticed how almost every little ankle biter, so-called toy animal are also anxious, loud, and always 'on the move'. Yeh, I know somebody has one that's tamest, calmest, quietest, and cutest little thing you've ever seen. But that's not the norm .................

Regardless of how you see or saw "Tiger King" Exotic Joe, almost every single animal he cross bred for the market of Ligers, Tigons, etc including the 'white lions' and 'tigers' was in some way deformed. Even some of the animals kept and shown by the magic duo of Seigfried and Roy were know to have vision, skeletal and or mental issues due to so much inbreeding.

If you cross breed a thoroughbred racer to a plow horse, you don't get a faster plow horse. The fact is in real life what you get is a plow horse with much thinner bone structure and more susceptibility to breaking legs and backs, and a race horse with much thicker and heavier, shorter legs which obviously would be slower. Cross breeding is not the same as breeding two of the same species when both have superlative and/or desirable traits. And even this particular practice has at times resulted in offspring with less than the desired traits.

For example we know today that every thoroughbred alive originated from one of three blood lines way, from way back. Good record keeping and rules to follow in breeding has brought them a long way and to almost perfection for the job they do. There's nothing wrong with this practice as long as it's kept separate from familial in breeding.

Just my POV, you may see it differently! (y)(y)(y)

Interesting reads. There are also the pizzly bear. I have heard they have the size, or close to it, of the grizzly, and the aggressiveness of the polar bear, which is really kind of scary.

Thanks Sld, That's another great interesting thought provoking read.
May make one wonder if some of those other mythical creatures of Greek and other stories aren't sometimes more true than thought sometimes?

Why in hell people continue to dilute the species this way ????? It's not made anything better in all the attempts that have been recognized. In fact in many cases the result is a psychotic, and/or deformed, or at least a lesser animal of whatever combinations used. The simple fact is in no case has there been a demonstrable improvement proven. Have you ever noticed how almost every little ankle biter, so-called toy animal are also anxious, loud, and always 'on the move'. Yeh, I know somebody has one that's tamest, calmest, quietest, and cutest little thing you've ever seen. But that's not the norm .................

Regardless of how you see or saw "Tiger King" Exotic Joe, almost every single animal he cross bred for the market of Ligers, Tigons, etc including the 'white lions' and 'tigers' was in some way deformed. Even some of the animals kept and shown by the magic duo of Seigfried and Roy were know to have vision, skeletal and or mental issues due to so much inbreeding.

If you cross breed a thoroughbred racer to a plow horse, you don't get a faster plow horse. The fact is in real life what you get is a plow horse with much thinner bone structure and more susceptibility to breaking legs and backs, and a race horse with much thicker and heavier, shorter legs which obviously would be slower. Cross breeding is not the same as breeding two of the same species when both have superlative and/or desirable traits. And even this particular practice has at times resulted in offspring with less than the desired traits.

For example we know today that every thoroughbred alive originated from one of three blood lines way, from way back. Good record keeping and rules to follow in breeding has brought them a long way and to almost perfection for the job they do. There's nothing wrong with this practice as long as it's kept separate from familial in breeding.

Is understandable JJ, feel about the same.
In nature or accidentally is one thing, purposely is another.
Just like sometimes knowing about something is different than accepting it?

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Be sure to watch the extra scenes which occur at the end of the credits at the end of the movie.

Will have to keep an eye out for it. And, watch the credits and extra scenes, always do when can, They're sometimes as good or better than the movie and at times fill in some of the missing blanks making more sense of some things too.

i don't like this "gene splicing" type of idea as well....

i think the final product will have the instincts of both species of course, and i have to wonder if this messes with thier brains as well.

not to mention, does it open them up to more illnesses, as well..?? does it create some sort of gene mix that if they breed, the offsprings are unstable?

i dunno, leave each species of animal, fish, bird, HUMAN.....alone.....

I clicked on the link to Liger in Wiki and it said Asian Month 2021 I am shocked
Oh, think know now? Saw the ad later. I found that click off ad in the upper top on some Wiki articles later on too using a different browser. Thought you meant the article that was in English, I did a double take thought something fouled up at 1st.

i don't like this "gene splicing" type of idea as well....

i think the final product will have the instincts of both species of course, and i have to wonder if this messes with thier brains as well.

not to mention, does it open them up to more illnesses, as well..?? does it create some sort of gene mix that if they breed, the offsprings are unstable?

i dunno, leave each species of animal, fish, bird, HUMAN.....alone.....

Is understandable Old_Me. I agree, natures accidents, if someone want's to call them that, are usually better than man made ones. The intermingling happens in nature more than many people may think. Some creatures fair poorly mentally or physically and die relatively soon because of it while others seem to prosper and live longer.

Much information is buried away for one reason or the other on them too. Am guessing some is likely better off to remain unknown? There's actually many other hybrid animals too. Domestic horses, cows, pigs, etc. Some wild ones too like the Liger. Many cannot reproduce by themselves while a few can. The Liger is one of the few that can.

"Cats", aka "Lions" (mountain lions) get big in the northern Rockies.

1639251395320.jpeg

The guy is 6'3".

Back