testtest

LIPSEY’S RELEASES SMITH & WESSON “ULTIMATE CARRY”

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
One nice looking S&W J-Frame from Lipsey’s, like the black nitride finish

Not a bad looking S&W but I don't care for the sheathed barrel design. 16 oz and no internal lock will make it a popular option.

It resembles my 2" Kimber K6S Deep Cover (aka DC), which came with night sights, all SS with DLC coating, chambered for 6 rounds of 38/357 but weighs 23 oz.

Really nice j-frames, got me to thinking.

Thought I recognized the name Eastridge, from Oklahoma (OKCPD)

It annoys me when I buy a gun and then something fun comes out within a few days. It's almost a rule........
That's just the natural cussedness of the universe. Couple years ago I spend a buttload of money and effort buying and restoring several original 1965-66 AMT Mustang fastback models, which hadn't been available since 1966 (and the molds had been altered, so the kit could never be reissued). Last year Round 2, which owns all the original AMT molds and the rights to them, brought out a brand new "re-engineered" issue of that very kit; now anyone can go to Hobby Lobby and buy a BETTER model for less than I paid for any of my restorable "glue bombs." Ah shucks oh well.

My .02¢, which based off of inflation, so it's not worth even that. Unless it is available in .357 mag. I'm not interested. Not that I would run a lot of magnum rounds through it but I don't foresee ever buying "just" a .38.

Not a bad looking S&W but I don't care for the sheathed barrel design. 16 oz and no internal lock will make it a popular option.

It resembles my 2" Kimber K6S Deep Cover (aka DC), which came with night sights, all SS with DLC coating, chambered for 6 rounds of 38/357 but weighs 23 oz.

Your Kimber, nice revolver that it is, is noticeably larger and heavier. This may, or may not be a factor in determining pocket carry viability for some.

I never inferred it to be a pocket gun. I simply compared the similarities in appearance and how it came from the factory to the S&W. And it is heavier, no argument, but it handles 357magnum well with the weight difference. Some people would prefer the .38/.357 capability as I do.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious...

Back