testtest

Living the “snub life”

mikep

Hellcat
I have jumped into the world of snub nose revolvers. I picked up a S&W 442 Ultimate Carry in 38spc. The gun weighs 14oz, i believe, unloaded. I was expecting something that would not be all that fun to shoot. Well, I was wrong.
I shot some hand loaded ammo i get from a reloader I know (he loads them super soft), some Federal 125gr range ammo, Speer Gold Dot +P 125gr HP, Hornady Critical Defense FTX Tip in 90 and 110 grain. They all shot real nice, even the +P. I didn’t find it too snappy or uncomfortable to shoot. The Federal shot really high.
Here are some pics of the gun and targets shot with the Critical Defense offerings, which is what I will carry (no hollow points for carry in NJ). Shooting distance was about 7 yards. Shoots a tad bit left. I tapped the rear sight over and will check again next week.
Overall, I like the snub nose. It will be a pocket carry gun for summer and early morning dog walking (coyotes on the rise here).
IMG_0935.jpeg
IMG_0934.jpeg
IMG_0926.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg
IMG_0923.jpeg
IMG_0927.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have jumped into the world of snub nose revolvers. I picked up a S&W 442 Ultimate Carry in 38spc. The gun weighs 14oz, i believe, unloaded. I was expecting something that would not be all that fun to shoot. Well, I was wrong.
I shot some hand loaded ammo i get from a reloader I know (he loads them super soft), some Federal 125gr range ammo, Speer Gold Dot +P 125gr HP, Hornady Critical Defense FTX Tip in 90 and 110 grain. They all shot real nice, even the +P. I didn’t find it too snappy or uncomfortable to shoot. The Federal shot really high.
Here are some pics of the gun and targets shot with the Critical Defense offerings, which is what I will carry (no hollow points for carry in NJ). Shooting distance was about 7 yards. Shoots a tad bit left. I tapped the rear sight over and will check again next week.
Overall, I like the snub nose. It will be a pocket carry gun for summer and early morning dog walking (coyotes on the rise here). View attachment 119904View attachment 119905View attachment 119906View attachment 119907View attachment 119908View attachment 119909
Good looking firearm!
 
IMG_1185.jpeg
IMG_0425.jpeg

Snubs are my favorite carry. I carry one of the lightweights in my pocket everyday. The 3” 36 was my belt gun until I picked up the Diamondback SDR, top left and Taurus 817, bottom right. I practice with the heavier guns these days and pick one for the belt. Lately the SDR has been the belt gun. It’s lighter than the 817, holds 6 rounds, has good sites, and a smooth light trigger action.
 
View attachment 119924View attachment 119925
Snubs are my favorite carry. I carry one of the lightweights in my pocket everyday. The 3” 36 was my belt gun until I picked up the Diamondback SDR, top left and Taurus 817, bottom right. I practice with the heavier guns these days and pick one for the belt. Lately the SDR has been the belt gun. It’s lighter than the 817, holds 6 rounds, has good sites, and a smooth light trigger action.
That’s quite a nice line up.
 
Back
Top