testtest

Looking for a new CC

Hi all, I currently have a XD1901HC as a home defense and fun firearm. But its too fat to use as a CC. For 15+ yrs I've been using my very first 9mm for CC (Makarov). I'd like to trade or sell it and get something new.
So I'm starting to look at a new CC and have been impressed by the SIG P365. What in the Springfield lineup would be comparable?

Regards, Rich
(1st post here)

Hi all, I currently have a XD1901HC as a home defense and fun firearm. But its too fat to use as a CC. For 15+ yrs I've been using my very first 9mm for CC (Makarov). I'd like to trade or sell it and get something new.
So I'm starting to look at a new CC and have been impressed by the SIG P365. What in the Springfield lineup would be comparable?

Regards, Rich
(1st post here)
Welcome to the forum. Try looking at the Hellcat if you like the P365. They are very comparable. I tried both and settled on the P365Xl, but it was a very close between them. The grip fit my hand slightly better.

I carried an East German Makarov for many years. I never felt underarmed. It still is my GHB emergency pistol.

Regards, Rich
(1st post here)
i have the Springfield Hellcat, not the Pro model.

i love mine.

in time, 4,674,909,895,224,99 opinions will be here.

Do you think this vid is accurate?
Not a big video watcher/ follower, but I have dealt with Classic before and they were standup guys. Reviews of both pistols are very positive, I would shoot them both if possible and then make up your own mind. They will feel different in your hands. Something you do not get listening to others.

These pistols are so popular that at most ranges you will find guys with both. If you are nice perhaps they will allow you to try them. Find out what ammunition they use in them then spring for a box. Try a few mags and give them the rest, builds up good will.

Do you think this vid is accurate?
Video reviews can be misleading especially when they are made by a firearms dealer that maybe getting incentives to push a certain brand.

I'd recommend you tryout both if you have the opportunity to either at a rental range or through friends that may own these two pistols and decide for yourself.

I would favor the Hellcat myself.

I owned a P365, notice I said I owned one. Nothing about the gun pleased me. From the broken firing pin to the dead trigger. The Hellcat has worked perfectly just like its supposed to!
I on the other hand like the p365xl very much and have had excellant results with it. One can get bad examples of any mechanical tool. The P365Xl feels better in my hand too.

This is exactly why one must try things themselves. And not just rely upon one or two peoples experiences, especially those you do not know or those that have an agenda.

I'd recommend not selling the Makarov and financing your new CC pistol some other way. You aren't going to get enough out of it to cover the new gun and you will regret selling it later.
Hum... I have no "need" to sell the mak. I've shot it so many times and since it was my first cherry pop, I know it inside and out. My only two complaints are the all metal construction in winter is COLD and the safety is poky in the body and thumb. Plus ammo is an odd size (expensive)

Hum... I have no "need" to sell the mak. I've shot it so many times and since it was my first cherry pop, I know it inside and out. My only two complaints are the all metal construction in winter is COLD and the safety is poky in the body and thumb. Plus ammo is an odd size (expensive)
Yeah I stocked up on 9x18 a long time ago. The Mak is ridiculously reliable and ridiculously accurate. I have two. One in 9x18 and one in .380. I would never sell either.

Back