testtest

Looking For Recommendations

1632527091710.gif

A friend of mine has this one, you might want to give it a try…….🤣🤣🤣🤣

So I’ve been passively looking for a Springfield XDM 10mm but not having much luck, So I thought maybe a XDM in 40S&W also no luck. I decided to check out the Springfield website and found out the XDM is no longer being made in a 40 Caliber 😢 and the 10mm is impossible to find, after multiple phone calls all gun stores have been waiting months to fill orders on the XDM 10 so I want to ask the guys/gals on the forum, what do you recommend?
I’d like to get some insights on both the 40 and 10MM full size. I’m not looking for a 1911 version.
Have you tried Buds Gun Shop online? I've ordered from them, and it was super easy

Have you tried Buds Gun Shop online? I've ordered from them, and it was super easy
I've ordered pistols, rifles and shotguns online from several places, but impact guns has been the worst place. They say in stock, but is a lie! They try too accumulate orders and do a large purchase from the wholesaler. Parts from them have been fine, but complete guns is a no go! I can give several GOOD recommendations if wanted. All have been very good and fast (2-5 days to your closest dealer). There has been 1 really good place in SD. I think it's called Brotherhood In Arms in Watertown, SD. Great people! White Birch Armory and another place in 1 of the Carolina's, Georgia and Florida, but there are others that have been really trustworthy.

Well I couldn’t sleep so up early and listed my pro’s and con’s for what I am looking for then off to my LGS at 8:30
Even though it was raining like crazy the range and store was packed.
Before I get into what I bought if anyone is looking for a 9MM handgun this place has easily 200-300 or more from all manufacturer’s
So yes I wanted or was looking for a 10MM the one Glock they had was a Gen4 and I did not like the mag release at all, it was a round button that was impossible to push without twisting my grip on the gun. Further down the case was a few Glocks in 45 and 40. The G22 in 40S&W I looked at was a Gen5 and the mag release was more rectangular with a raised edge right where my thumb naturally went to. It came with 3 mags.
Sooooo I always said I wouldn’t buy a Glock, but? Let’s just say I’m not eating crow since I’m having chicken tonight. 😎 yes I bought it, the price was great $569. And I will say it felt very comfortable and well balanced in my hand. White dot front and white U rear sight.
I will be adding some gritty skate board tape to the grip since I find it slightly smooth for my liking.
Going with the 40 meant I didn’t have to buy ammunition since I have tons.
I was looking for a level 2 or 3 holster which unfortunately they didn’t have one for the Gen5
Range report at a later date.

Edit with my CCDW no phone call to get the ok to buy.

Last edited:
Well I couldn’t sleep so up early and listed my pro’s and con’s for what I am looking for then off to my LGS at 8:30
Before I get into what I bought if anyone is looking for a 9MM handgun this place has easily 200-300 or more from all manufacturer’s
So yes I wanted or was looking for a 10MM the one Glock they had was a Gen4 and I did not like the mag release at all, it was a round button that was impossible to push without twisting my grip on the gun. Further down the case was a few Glocks in 45 and 40. The G22 in 40S&W I looked at was a Gen5 and the mag release was more rectangular with a raised edge right where my thumb naturally went to. It came with 3 mags.
Sooooo I always said I wouldn’t buy a Glock, but? Let’s just say I’m not eating crow since I’m having chicken tonight. 😎 yes I bought it, the price was great $569. And I will say it felt very comfortable and well balanced in my hand. White dot front and white U rear sight.
I will be adding some gritty skate board tape to the grip since I find it slightly smooth for my liking.
I was looking for a level 2 or 3 holster which unfortunately they didn’t have one for the Gen5

Glad you founds something that works for you locally. Now, the fun stuff begins....
"Let’s just say I’m not eating crow since I’m having chicken tonight."
- Guessing Glocks could be considered scarecrows too? :)

Glock Gen3, Gen 4 and Gen 5 all use the same holsters, it doesn’t have to be Gen 5 specific

All the same frame, they not Gen 5 specific, I own all 3 generations of G19’s, all fit the same holster, I only use leather holsters, don’t care or like the polymer ones, my G44 is a Gen 5 and it also fits my holsters, my G26 is a Gen 5 and it fits my old Gen 3 holster, never heard of this issue or maybe I just don’t know what the hell I’m saying, don’t listen to me, I must need meds or something
These were G22’s hey not sure since I’m not a Glock guy, I’m looking at a couple that say they work in my Gen5 40

Back