testtest

Looking for standard small pistol primers

I only have 1000 WW small pistol primers. While I can afford the 80-100 prices I really hate to. I'm not wealthy by any means, subsist on SSN & Va.
with all these responses, to go thru, was it ever mentioned to try and put an order in at your LGS?

i was doing some searching, and the ones that i found, do require the hazmat shipping fee's, as well as sales taxes.

LGS's generally buy in bulk, and may only add a dollar or two, the the overall pricing on a box of primers.

my large LGS might add that small amount, when i pay $70 for any size primer, but it doesn't kill me over say "up to" $35 fee's from some companies......

I bought 5k used about 2500 so far a few failure to fire on the first strike until i changed the striker spring in my xds mod 2 and xdm elite compact. No problems after that. They are a little harder to seat on my square deal but not bad at all.

Not necessarily related, but was it the spring or could there have been gunk in there ? Some people spray lube or solvent all up in the striker channel which is the number one cause of light primer strikes in striker fired guns. The solvent(s) attract dirt. It's bad for springs too.

I only ask because I have thousands of rounds through an XD Mod 2 and have never experienced any malfunctions.

Not necessarily related, but was it the spring or could there have been gunk in there ? Some people spray lube or solvent all up in the striker channel which is the number one cause of light primer strikes in striker fired guns. The solvent(s) attract dirt. It's bad for springs too.

I only ask because I have thousands of rounds through an XD Mod 2 and have never experienced any malfunctions.
Striker channel was clean no dirt or oil.
I never use anything other than alcohol and a q tip to clean it.
Never had a light primer strike with cci500 primers.
Springs are cheap and no more lite primer strikes.

The light primer strikes could also show the primers are made of a harder metal.

The primer cups on these ginex primers are harder than domestic primers.
this "could be" at least one of the reasons why nearly all my 9mm's were having issues..the reloader i used to buy from, "experimented", by using different primers......as getting primers back then, was hard due to the shortages, and prices.....

maybe he bought these?

i even had issues with some of my 45's reloads.

All my guns run fine on CCi, Remington, Winchester

this "could be" at least one of the reasons why nearly all my 9mm's were having issues..the reloader i used to buy from, "experimented", by using different primers......as getting primers back then, was hard due to the shortages, and prices.....

maybe he bought these?

i should have said, the 45's i bought from the reloader, as well as his 9mm's, had hard primers as well....

not mine, as i stated what brands i buy/use.

maybe he bought these?

I swapped out the striker springs in my xds mod 2 and XDM elite problem gone.

I swapped out the striker springs in my xds mod 2 and XDM elite problem gone.
well, unless my springs are weak or broken, i really don't want to have to change them out due to hard(er) primers.

it's easy just not to buy them. i have shrunk my inventory to 25 guns, and that would be pricey to swap out all those springs.

When I bought the 5,000 Ginex primers it was almost impossible to find any small pistol primers made in the United States of America. And if you could find them you were paying $143 per thousand. So far I've gone through about 2500 of them. None of my hammer fired pistols had any issues with them it was only my striker fired XDM elite and XDS mod 2 about a 4% failure rate. It only cost me $14 for two springs.

Back