testtest

Looking to buy 1911 in 10mm

There’s really no difference between a 10mm and .45 1911 structurally speaking…they are both built as strong as the other.

Barrel, magazine, heavier spring, and where the extractor is tuned are the major differences—maybe a different ejector.

But the 10mm 1911 isn’t built any “tougher”.
Well, the first 10mm 1911's in the 90's had a lot of cracked frames until they figured out how to build a 10mm 1911 properly.

All my last 1911 buys have been RIAs.

They won't win any beauty contests but they're solid, especially for the price.
I looked at several RIA's in several different local shops. Every one of them were desert sand or coyote color whichever color you want to call it. None of them seemed enthused about getting one in black. I left my number with a shop about an hour from my house, never expected a call low and behold two weeks ago they called. I got this Kimber for a very good price, everyone walked away happy.

I looked at several RIA's in several different local shops. Every one of them were desert sand or coyote color whichever color you want to call it. None of them seemed enthused about getting one in black. I left my number with a shop about an hour from my house, never expected a call lo and behold two weeks ago they called. I got this Kimber for a very good price, everyone walked away happy.
Nice looking pistol, let’s have a range report soon.

Well, the first 10mm 1911's in the 90's had a lot of cracked frames until they figured out how to build a 10mm 1911 properly.
Actually, it was the 80’s…I’ve got a first-run blued Colt Delta Elite from 1987–first year the Delta was released.

The blued had more issues than stainless Deltas that year; iirc it was a metallurgy issue with a certain lot of frames.

That being said—Colt also made a relief cut in the frames to prevent cracking, so…
EC503C1F-F3F1-4AD0-9738-CAFF79EF4524.jpeg

My DE never went to the factory for it, though…

Actually, it was the 80’s…I’ve got a first-run blued Colt Delta Elite from 1987–first year the Delta was released.

The blued had more issues than stainless Deltas that year; iirc it was a metallurgy issue with a certain lot of frames.

That being said—Colt also made a relief cut in the frames to prevent cracking, so…View attachment 33380

There was one just like that on the Gunfather show last night.

That being said—Colt also made a relief cut in the frames to prevent cracking, so…View attachment 33380

Don’t forget, this gun was released during the Colt strike, lots of there guns had major issues, my 6” Python, brand new, one range trip all the lands got shot out, became a smooth bore, sent it back to Colt for a new barrel, but the bluing didn’t match and Colt wouldn’t do anything about it, my Delta Elite like yours was really a fun gun.

Don’t forget, this gun was released during the Colt strike, lots of there guns had major issues, my 6” Python, brand new, one range trip all the lands got shot out, became a smooth bore, sent it back to Colt for a new barrel, but the bluing didn’t match and Colt wouldn’t do anything about it, my Delta Elite like yours was really a fun gun.
I grew up in Elmwood Connecticut a community in West Hartford, I lived about 3 miles from the Colt plant and remember the strike very well, in its infancy it was very disruptive to travel in the area however as it dragged on it became more of a nuisance. I remember daily encounters between striking workers and replacements crossing the picket lines. The police were there constantly. Eventually it became a
non-issue in its 2nd and 3rd year and when it ended hardly anyone cared.
Just business as usual.

I have an RIA single-stack 1911 in 10mm and it’s a shooter. I think it’s more accurate than my Ruger 1911 and has run flawlessly. Highly recommended.

Kinber? No thanks. All style and questionable quality.

Back