testtest

loud brake

I have a saint victor, love the gun, don't like the muzzle device. Wonder if the blast diverter would work? Don't want to spend the money or the long waiting period to get a suppressor
The factory muzzle device on the .308 has been a pet peeve of mine. I have to believe that most people who buy these rifles only shoot them at the range with plenty of hearing protection. I deer hunt with mine and it seemed much louder the first time I shot at a deer than my 30.06 that I had used for years. So, I installed a BRT Covert Comp by Black River Tactical that is suppose direct the muzzle blast out front. Sorry, I can't tell you how it works, since I didn't get to shoot it during fall hunting season, and I didn't want to shoot up what little ammo I had target shooting. Hopefully I'll be able to buy enough ammo to test it out before this coming season.

Last edited:
A real blast diverter that moves the most blast forward is the DTA MIl/Brake, aka Fabian Brothers.

1648767811328.png

Also, adds noticeable weight to the end of the barrel.

I have a saint victor, love the gun, don't like the muzzle device. Wonder if the blast diverter would work? Don't want to spend the money or the long waiting period to get a suppressor
I replaced both the brakes on my SV 5.56 and .308.
The factory brakes work excellent. If shooting solo at animals on the run. Very good recoil mitigation.
Most times, I’m with fellow shooters, so the brake is not friendly to fellow shooters or at a range.

That said, I went old school flash hider on the 5.56 and 3 prong on the .308.
My fellow peers said thank you

Yes and no -

As the variety of replies show, this isn't a one-dimensional, quick-and-easy answer.

Various blast-mitigation devices work, but just as different brakes can work differently, so can different blast-mitigation devices.

The VG6-CAGE, for example, redirects much of the blast/concussion - and thus noise - "around" the shooter: however, if the shooter is standing in an environment that doesn't really allow that energy to dissipate (such as with an indoor shooting range's stalls), it'll get "reflected" back at him/her to some degree.

"Blast forwarding" devices such as the Surefire Warden or the various iterations of Griffin Armament's "blast shields," the energy is contained and "forwarded" front-of-the-shooter. But again, if you're in a more enclosed or otherwise reflective environment (think a small room, filled with harder furniture), it's not going to work nearly as well as it would if you were on an open flat-range, 25+ yards from the target and even further from the backstop.

So as with virtually everything else, the question becomes "what is your goal?"

If you're looking to make the gun more comfortable in CQB/shoot-house classes, the hassle, delay, and cost -as well as the gas tradeoff- of going up to a suppressor may really be worth it.

But if you're looking to make sharing the line (especially if it's covered or even indoor) more enjoyable for you and your fellow shooters, then this may just be the ticket. :)

I also have the Saint Victor. Since I do a fair amount of shooting at an indoor range, I replaced the muzzle brake with a standard A2 flash hider. Works great for me and would probably be much better for home defense.

Back