testtest

Love the looks of that new 2020

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
Wow! If I was in the market for a new .22 cal long gun, it would be the SA 2020, the nice wood stocked one. For a relatively inexpensive little shooter, I don't think I've ever seen too many I liked any better. It looks like a real 'growed up' rifle for a little caliber.

Yessir, if I was in the market for a little .22, that would be the one. Jus' sayin' ......... jj

Wow! If I was in the market for a new .22 cal long gun, it would be the SA 2020, the nice wood stocked one. For a relatively inexpensive little shooter, I don't think I've ever seen too many I liked any better. It looks like a real 'growed up' rifle for a little caliber.

Yessir, if I was in the market for a little .22, that would be the one. Jus' sayin' ......... jj
I am looking forward to hearing real world reports from shooters on its function and accuracy. Are you planning on getting one?

I am looking forward to hearing real world reports from shooters on its function and accuracy. Are you planning on getting one?
No, I'm pretty much past the 'getting another one' thing. I don't have a lot of energy or ambition anymore to even go to the range, much less do anything more with them. We moved to a retirement community a few years ago and I ended up giving most of my "arsenal" to my yard son when we moved. IIRC, there was 5 shotguns, 6-8 hunting rifles (high power) and several small bore rifles (.22 cal) ... probably 6 or 7. I kept 3 shotguns, 5 big bore rifles, and 4 small bore rifles. Oh yeh, and my .177 cal air rifle. Oh yeh, I gave him probably 8 handguns and kept 3-4, and one of my 2 safes. Then after a couple months I asked him for a few of them back, you know the sentimental ones ... ain't that a hoot? He'll (yard son) end up with all of them at some point though.

I've only bought 2 new ones and 1 used one since we've been here and not likely to buy another. No, I take that back. I've bought 2 new handguns and 3 used ones, with 1 used .22 rifle since moving. Also inherited a couple .22's, A Browning 30/06, and a SAKO 30/06 when my dad passed away a couple years ago.

There is an advantage to living in a retirement community of old people. A lot of times when somebody passes on, if there's a gun around and left behind, the widow typically doesn't want anything to do with it so she'll offer it for sale to some of us known as gun people.

Back in the 70's/80's through early 2000's I think, my wife and I used to shoot somewhere around 15K+ rounds a year, mostly in various silhouette competitions around the SE. I'd shoot another few each year during various hunting seasons and occasionally a friendly camp competition. Today I might shoot 5-6 hundred a year... that's in a good year.

Oh, for the good times!!!! jj

I looked at one yesterday and was surprised how heavy the target model with the synthetic stock was. The wooden stock is real nice but also heavier than I thought a
22 rimfire would be.

Back