testtest

Lower Prodigy rear sight?

Jhp147

Alpha
Thought someone here might know...my 4.25 Prodigy shoots consistently 3 inches low at 15 yards (benched or hand held) with two or three kinds of ammo I tried. Per the Dawson sight calculator I need a .283 tall front sight instead of the .250 one on it. At that point it is ridicoulously tall, so I thought I'd see if anyone knows if SA makes a slightly shorter REAR sight than the .420/.422 sight in the irons plate on it. If not, I'll mill it down but would rather have a factory one if one is available as the top may not take cold blue. It will have a dot on it but I'd like to shoot irons a while first and it's more fun when I don't have to hold off.

A .283 sight is not that tall. Supressor height sights are typically .400+. I would stick the taller front sight on. Lower rear sight will not fix things. Or save yourself the dance and put a red dot on.

Okay, sorry, my error-'scuse me HayesGreener, the gun shoots HIGH by three inches, I spoke 180 degrees out of phase. It hits three inches above the six o'clock point of the top of the sight on the bottom edge of the bullseye at 15. Easier just to take the suggestion and get a taller sight. BUT, to me, the tall sights on these guns cut for dots look like sails and yes the suppressor sight ones are even uglier. Just cosmetics for me. Easier to order a .283 or whatever is closesest from Dawson than mill the rear sight. Holosun and plate are already on the way but I'd like to be able to shoot irons without the hold compensation if I want to. Or maybe I'll shoot the dot and never look at the iron sights again.

If you think the stock irons are off from the factory, I'd highly suggest calling SA Customer Service and having them fix it.

Long as you're the original owner they'll do it for free. I had zero issues with my Prodigy's stock irons, they were dead on target.

If you think the stock irons are off from the factory, I'd highly suggest calling SA Customer Service and having them fix it.

Long as you're the original owner they'll do it for free. I had zero issues with my Prodigy's stock irons, they were dead on target.
Curious. Are you using 6 O'Clock hold or center of target.

To close this out, I got a Holosun 507C X2 with the green ACSS Vulcan and mounted it. I haven't fired more than a hundred rounds or so but there is just no reason to take it off and worry about irons. It appears that the "training wheels" 205 MOA circle will make worrying about using iron sights on this gun a waste of time. Even with my astigmatism giving the chevron a bit of blur at high brigtness, I have surprised myself with the slow fire accuracy so far. If I need an irons gun that shoots spot-on I have them.

Back