testtest

M&P Finally arrived!

I've owned 6 Shields and one M&P 2.0 Compact. Owned the Compact for several years now. I never understood why anyone complained about the stock trigger as it was just fine. There's really no need to spend $100+ to replace the trigger.

I have the full APEX Competition trigger kit on my 2.0 Compact, I have the full APEX Duty/Carry kit on my Shield 45 PC, the new bladed trigger on the Shield Plus, and the traditional stock trigger on everything else. None make a bit of difference for me when putting rounds on paper. Maybe, IDK, if I shot long distances (100 yards) or something it would make a difference, but it's a self-defense pistol. At self-defense distance and common distance most fire their 4" or less small carry guns, I don't notice a difference despite the hype. Plus it's a PITA installing an APEX trigger, and I don't understand why S&W designed it so that you have to remove, reinstall, and rezero the rear sight to remove the striker block which is a requirement to install the APEX trigger kit.

@belladonna Congrats on the new M&P, go out and put a few thousand rounds through it and let the trigger break in before buying onto the hype that you need a $120 replacement.
Thanks! I have no intention of swapping out triggers at this time. The feel of the M&P triggers is one of the main things I love about the M&P line. I do read about it though, and I am learning a crap ton from you guys and this forum in general. I do not intend to compete or anything, so I don't doctor my guns (yet). Maybe when I retire things may change, but for now the stock guns are doing just fine. The only thing I MIGHT modify is the trigger on my Hellcat...but that's a whole other topic.

Thanks! I have no intention of swapping out triggers at this time. The feel of the M&P triggers is one of the main things I love about the M&P line. I do read about it though, and I am learning a crap ton from you guys and this forum in general. I do not intend to compete or anything, so I don't doctor my guns (yet). Maybe when I retire things may change, but for now the stock guns are doing just fine. The only thing I MIGHT modify is the trigger on my Hellcat...but that's a whole other topic.
I know on the original M&P’s, the triggers were awful, I to used Apex trigger on my full size pistol in .40cal back then, the newer pistols do have nicer triggers, I’m sure once you shoot it and it breaks in, you will love it even more, eh! 😬😬

Congrats on the new pistol and rifle. two at a time, that's the way to buy em. (y) you'll like that M&P, i have the old version in 40. or i had it, i have to go scuba diving to handle it anymore.

805417-afd9d77e62140f8efb742dd5bcb7b757.data

So I got off work early yesterday and thought I would drive out to one my LGSs. It's 25 miles out from home in the other direction, but it was a nice day for a fall drive, and I wanted to check and see how they were making out with installing a new scope on my hunting rifle.

Well, he was done with the rifle, so my timing was good. He also told me that the S&W pistols had arrived...my timing was excellent!! I have been reading and watching youTube reviews on this gun and was torn between this one and the XDm Elite. I fell in love when he put it in my hand, so...yeah, here it is. Smith and Wesson M&P9 2.0 subcompact. The coolest thing is that the 17 round mags from my M&P fit in it. Came with a sleeve specially for it.View attachment 45651View attachment 45652View attachment 45653
After looking at the pics a few times I decided to purchase one during breakfast coffee this morning.

I have a couple 2.0 Shields. No issues. Triggers are fine. The Apex kits don't really help much though a bladed trigger I think is superior to the hinged triggers.
I have one shield, 40 S&W. The Apex Tactical trigger made hardly any difference. Now the M&P 2.0 compacts made a huge difference. I have two, one averages 2.4 lb's the other 2.2 lb's. I'm sure a lot of folks will think these triggers are to light for EDC. untill recently I was really into tactical matches, lighter weight triggers helped my times & accuracy. I carry one of these every day and still compete in seniors tactical matches every month.

Back