testtest

M14 and the War on Terror: One Veteran’s Experience

Good article. Glad the user kept his two simple with the standard stock vs. adding on un-neccessay bulk & weight.

Agree with the user that it best serves as a DMR vs a hard-core sniper platform.

As others have said the M14 had it's time & place but with a variety of AR-10-type rifles out there that are easiler to use & maintain there are better options for the troopers.

Good article. Glad the user kept his two simple with the standard stock vs. adding on un-neccessay bulk & weight.

Agree with the user that it best serves as a DMR vs a hard-core sniper platform.

As others have said the M14 had it's time & place but with a variety of AR-10-type rifles out there that are easiler to use & maintain there are better options for the troopers.
Not only that, but also platform familiarity.

I’ll also add that the AR platform has crushed the M14/M1A as far as accuracy is concerned at Camp Perry et al for the past couple of decades.

I guess the rules comity is afraid to upset the AR boys, that sucks...
Look.

The M14/M1A was definitely a superior choice in accuracy against its contemporaries—the G3 and the FAL ;and it pains me to admit that, being the HK geek I am).

However the AR platform kicks it’s ass, accuracy-wise. Back when I had a Supermatch and a SR-25, the M1A didn’t come close…and yes, that was with optics on each platform. Very apples to apples.

Look.

The M14/M1A was definitely a superior choice in accuracy against its contemporaries—the G3 and the FAL ;and it pains me to admit that, being the HK geek I am).

However the AR platform kicks it’s ass, accuracy-wise. Back when I had a Supermatch and a SR-25, the M1A didn’t come close…and yes, that was with optics on each platform. Very apples to apples.
Look.

An M14/M1A that has been set up in a true chassis stock that utilizes a proprietary op rod guide will easily match whatever repeatable accuracy the AR guys can scrape together, and do it without a heavy barrel, and without glass bedding. Most honest AR guys know this, and that's probably why the rules makers won't allow the EBR to go head to head with the AR. Shame on Camp Perry.

Look.

An M14/M1A that has been set up in a true chassis stock that utilizes a proprietary op rod guide will easily match whatever repeatable accuracy the AR guys can scrape together, and do it without a heavy barrel, and without glass bedding. Most honest AR guys know this, and that's probably why the rules makers won't allow the EBR to go head to head with the AR. Shame on Camp Perry.
And you’re invested in the platform.

I’m not.

I think I’m a bit more objective, no?

It's clear the AR guys fear competing against the EBR, yes?
A M-14 with EBR is not an as-issued M-14.

The EBR and/or other chassis were as expedite field modification.

And because it was/is CMP doesn't consider a M1A in a EBT chassis as an "as-issued" configuration.

And being a user of both M1As and AR Match rifles in DCM/CMP matches for 35+ years I have no fear of the EBR.

As issued.
Nearly 7,000 were purpose built by Tacom RI, and issued to GIs in the ARMY.
187527492_4330553240301329_6107279354839820176_n.jpg

82nd-AB.jpg

Back