testtest

M1A Loaded Precision Rifle

KLGunner

Staff member
86D9115D-42CB-425D-A803-4C501E9A5432.jpeg
So sense we have such a great group here I want y’all’s opinion/help. I recently picked up this beautiful M1A from my LGS. I want to load this beast out with everything I can/would need. Can y’all give me your opinions on things to put on her. Specs I’m looking for on certain items are as follows.

Optics:
Needs to be able to give me a clear high quality picture at 1200 yards, doesn’t haze, doesn’t wash out in the evening sun.

Bi-Pod:
I want something that doesn’t wobble around and is fully adjustable.

Sling:
I want something comfortable. I’m gonna have to be carrying this beast around for some hunts I plan on doing and don’t want the weight to kill my shoulders with a poor quality sling. That being said I need this sling to be able to handle the weight and be adjustable.

Anything else y’all can suggest I’m open to the suggestions.

View attachment 8223So sense we have such a great group here I want y’all’s opinion/help. I recently picked up this beautiful M1A from my LGS. I want to load this beast out with everything I can/would need. Can y’all give me your opinions on things to put on her. Specs I’m looking for on certain items are as follows.

Optics:
Needs to be able to give me a clear high quality picture at 1200 yards, doesn’t haze, doesn’t wash out in the evening sun.

Bi-Pod:

Sling:
I want something comfortable. I’m gonna have to be carrying this beast around for some hunts I plan on doing and don’t want the weight to kill my shoulders with a poor quality sling. That being said I need this sling to be able to handle the weight and be adjustable.

Nice rifle congrats!!!

😁👍

The Magpul Bipod is really nice I have installed it on quite a few customer guns.

Nightforce NXS series like

Nice rifle! Looks familiar...
DCB99A04-C02F-43E2-AA05-616AB7430686.jpeg

I’m likely going to put a SA or Sadlak mount in it; I’ve got a SWFA SS 10x42 sitting idle that will work just perfectly on it.

Bipod...I’ve got a spare Harris someplace that will go on it.

Sling—Blue Force/Vickers Padded sling. I have them for a couple other rifles, they’re good kit.

View attachment 8223So sense we have such a great group here I want y’all’s opinion/help. I recently picked up this beautiful M1A from my LGS. I want to load this beast out with everything I can/would need. Can y’all give me your opinions on things to put on her. Specs I’m looking for on certain items are as follows.

Optics:

Bi-Pod:

Sling:

That is a sweet looking rifle KL. I’m sure you’ll create many good memories shooting that beast. You didn’t mention what caliber that is??

I recently installed optics on my Loaded M1A Walnut stocked rig, the steel scope mount and a Vortex Viper 6x24-50 scope. Ran into an issue with sighting in. For some reason, @25 yards, I ran the scope full left and full down to achieve center, which was not a good thing. The rifle is currently at Springfield being looked at to see if it's an issue with the rifle / scope mount interface. If not that, it's the scope. The good news, once it was shooting center, it was absolute cloverleaf. Most service rifle competitors I have spoken with recommend 168 Gr Match pills for the M1A, and that is what I was shooting. Irons shoot just fine, even for my tired old eyes.

If you are looking at shooting 1200 yds, then I would recommend Night Force optics for the view clarity you are looking for at longer ranges. You can use low rings with a 50mm scope objective on that rifle.

The sling I installed is a MagPul nylon, 1.25". It's a bit of a pain to install, but it's great for offhand and sitting position, easily adjustable. Whatever sling you buy, the wider the better if you plan on carrying it around on your shoulder.

Regards,
Bill

Attachments

• 20200709_102951.jpg
    20200709_102951.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Optics:

Bi-Pod:

Sling:

I put a Magpul bipod and a Nikon FX1000 6-24 FFP on mine. It works great.

Attachments

• 20200721_090544.jpg
    20200721_090544.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
Nice rifle! Looks familiar...
View attachment 8226
I’m likely going to put a SA or Sadlak mount in it; I’ve got a SWFA SS 10x42 sitting idle that will work just perfectly on it.

Bipod...I’ve got a spare Harris someplace that will go on it.

Sling—Blue Force/Vickers Padded sling. I have them for a couple other rifles, they’re good kit.
I have been toying with the idea of a polymer stock for mine, and looked at Archangel. Those are dead ringers for the Springfield Armory poly stocks, with the exception of the brand on the lower pistol grip. Looks like PMAG industries supplies Springfields poly stocks?? Any insider info on this??

Regards,
Bill

I have been toying with the idea of a polymer stock for mine, and looked at Archangel. Those are dead ringers for the Springfield Armory poly stocks, with the exception of the brand on the lower pistol grip. Looks like PMAG industries supplies Springfields poly stocks?? Any insider info on this??

Regards,
Bill

It’s an Archangel stock.

So far, I like it, but it’s heavy.

I’m considering getting a McMillan...and I’ve got a Norinco take off that I found in a gun store for cheap that I might throw on it, as well...

Back