testtest

M1A Loaded

Why doesn't Springfield offer the M1A Loaded Creedmoor in Walnut stock. I live in a state and can only get the CA compliant version. I really don't want to get that then track down a wood stock that would work just to get the USGI look.... I really wish the AWB would just die in court already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sales. I would guess more 6.5 CM shooters are longer-distance shooters, using more modern stocks and accessories that are easier to mount to the plastic stock. Or those shooters toss the OEM stock and upgrade to a fully-tricked-out composite wonder. The plastic stock is certainly much cheaper to source/make. Follow the money.

The only question (probably best for SA themselves) is whether the receiver being a different caliber would make a difference.. other than that it just sucks to throw another couple hundred on top of the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only question (probably best for SA themselves) is whether the receiver being a different caliber would make a difference.. other than that it just sucks to throw another couple hundred on top of the price

Everything is the same except for the chamber and the barrels' bore diameter.

I've had M1As for decades.

What sucks is the plastic stock.

Best to upgrade to a wood one or an actual USGI fiberglass stock.

If you live in a high-humidity area the USGI fiberglass stock is better since it won't be affected by the humidity.

The USGI fiberglass stocks are basic but you can paint or cerakote them to a color and/or camo pattern that's desirable, as well as bed them to the receiver.

Last edited:

I can't argue with that point (sucking throwing more money at it). My Loaded model was (and still is) unobtanium around me (standards are plentiful) in .308. I bought a loaded with plastic stock and bought a walnut online ($375) to get what I really wanted. I've only seen 1 6.5CM in last 2 years (it's still there where I saw it), but it has the Archangel stock, which is what you'd want if you were shooting 1000yards.

I can't argue with that point (sucking throwing more money at it). My Loaded model was (and still is) unobtanium around me (standards are plentiful) in .308. I bought a loaded with plastic stock and bought a walnut online ($375) to get what I really wanted. I've only seen 1 6.5CM in last 2 years (it's still there where I saw it), but it has the Archangel stock, which is what you'd want if you were shooting 1000yards.

I'd happily buy a standard and stfu but my wonderful state has decided that you can't own a 308 M1A but a 6.5 is fine.... And they don't sell a 6.5 standard

I'd happily buy a standard and stfu but my wonderful state has decided that you can't own a 308 M1A but a 6.5 is fine.... And they don't sell a 6.5 standard

Give them time the 6.5 will be banned as well so don’t wait just because of a stock, buy one now before you can’t.

Why doesn't Springfield offer the M1A Loaded Creedmoor in Walnut stock. I live in a state and can only get the CA compliant version. I really don't want to get that then track down a wood stock that would work just to get the USGI look.... I really wish the AWB would just die in court already.
I'm also a citizen of the People's Republic of Maryland, and was in the middle of building two 80% 1911's when the State passed its ridiculous Ghost Gun laws, that not only was ridiculous and retro-active, the text of the law itself is totally screwed up.

So Maryland trumpeted their total ban on AR-15's, and a year later, the store shelves are still stuffed full of AR-15's.
They banned the AR-15 on the grounds it was unsafe.
But only banned it in 5.56/.223, so any caliber smaller or bigger makes the weapon safe.
They kept their exception from past restrictions on AR-15's of the Colt HBAR (the justification of such proves its all a sham) and since they hinge the entire law on copycats of the stated weapon, that means any copycat of the Colt HBAR is exempt as well. Yes, the firearm that they declared to dangerous and unsafe, becomes perfectly safe if there is an 4 oz of metal in the barrel.

But they threw in a ban on the M1A also, why? Cause I guess there are versions with fiberglass tactical stocks that look scary. They make sure to mention in the law that its not the M1 Garand they are banning, cause you know an M1 Garand isn't a weapon of war :ROFLMAO:. The functional equivalent rifle with an even more powerful round and longer barrel, is perfectly safe, compared to the one they are banning.

You have two options....
You can get used or new old stock of the Chinse Norinco M-14. SInce this was made with Metric Threads, it doesn't meet the Maryland law for being a Copycat. The major parts have to be interchangeable with the enumerated banned weapon to be a copycat. The quality on these is hit and miss, I see lots of advice to get the bolt inspected and replace it if turns up short, seems a lot came with garbage bolts that chew up an otherwise good receiver, lots of other small parts can be bad as well.

Get an M1A Loaded in 6.5 Creedmore (Cause you know 6.5 Creedmore is so much safer than 7.62 NATO) and hope the price of 6.5 Creedmore comes down.

My plan, since I also want an USGI representative M-14, that remain in suspense until the rifle comes back in stocks great enough that some can be found for a bargain. Get the M1A Loaded in 6.5 Creedmore, Cerakote the bare stainless steel barrel black and swap out the fiberglass stock with Walnut one. The Walnut stock is $200.

They just don’t sell to Maryland residents.
If you already have a M1A or M-14, you're grandfathered, so I'm sure they can sell parts to owners as well.

In some states the ban includes manufacturing and distribution. But not being a Maryland resident I really don't know what's included in Maryland's law.
Maryland Banned the M1A that does not include the M-1 Garand, as part of bigger assualt weapon ban, which really just imitated California, with a White List of approved firearms you are allowed to purchase.

There is nothing about manufacturing, parts, etc..... ...simply you can not buy these firearms are their copycats, copycat defined by a board hosted by the MD State Police, and generally if more than half the major parts are interchangeable with the banned weapon its a copy cat....

That is why the Chinese Norinco M-14 copy cat is legal in MD, since they used metric threads, the parts are not interchangeable with the actual M1A's and M-14.

Meanwhile you can easily purchase or build any kind of AR-15 you want, if its chambered in 5.56 or .223, you have to use a barrel that is a couple of ounces heavier than the standard government barrel.... ....yet they claimed they have a total ban on AR-15's, lol....

All the MD gun laws are utterly ridiculous, complete useless nonsense, ridiculously complicated and inept. Its a total clown show at the State Senate. They still can't pass a slower traffic must move right law after trying for decades, and traffic in this state backs up for miles as someone drives next to semi-truck for 30 miles in the left lane under the speed limit.

Back