testtest

M1A SOCOM sight system.

Replace the factory scout mount with a light, cool running scout hand guard imported from Canada from M14.ca The SHG allows you to mount optics as low as possible, low enough that you can co-witness your iron sights through some red dots.
View attachment 35469
Holly smokes! y
Your can is dang near as long as the carbine itself! 🤣 Kind takes the compact manueverablity out of the arm dosent it? Nice ride though! Also, thanks for the photo and the advice!👍 Good on ya!

I love my SOCOM CQB it has the Vortex venom red dot witch I also like. However, the red dot takes batteries and is incompatible with the factory open sights. If the rear ghost ring and front post were both just a tad higher? I think it would be compatible with the ghost ring or at least be able to function if the red dot was not turned on and operating. Any thoughts, opinions, advice, or info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou guys!

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!
Look at the HOLOSUN optics.

I love my SOCOM CQB it has the Vortex venom red dot witch I also like. However, the red dot takes batteries and is incompatible with the factory open sights. If the rear ghost ring and front post were both just a tad higher? I think it would be compatible with the ghost ring or at least be able to function if the red dot was not turned on and operating. Any thoughts, opinions, advice, or info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou guys!

I would mount a variable scope on it instead of a red dot. Perhaps a 1-10 with a true co witness. That way you do not need the red dot. And also have the capability to reach out. I would use the scope mount attached.

Last edited:

If you care to go all out and do it right, you can have everything on the same sight plane pretty much the same way it would be on a flat op AR-10 with flip up battle sights. This is my Socom set up as described.
IMG_9049 (2).JPG

If you care to go all out and do it right, you can have everything on the same sight plane pretty much the same way it would be on a flat op AR-10 with flip up battle sights. This is my Socom set up as described.View attachment 35535
Very nice!👍 However, That's just not quite what Im looking for in a CQB platform.

Besides, I've got a scout and a PA-10 for midrange capabilities.
IMG_20220611_155557492.jpg
IMG_20220611_155218670.jpg

Also an Armalite AR31 LRP for sending them even further! 👍
IMG_20220611_160514213.jpg

In my opinion that's about good as one can get for going all out and doing it right! 😉

Last edited:
I would mount a variable scope on it instead of a red dot. Perhaps a 1-10 with a true co witness. That way you do not need the red dot. And also have the capability to reach out. I would use the scope mount attached.

Nice concept and I appreciate that advice as well. However, a bit to much additional hardware I feel. I think If I search hard enough? I can find a simpler solution. Even it requires a different RDS system than the Vortex Venom RDS.

+1

I'm not familiar with the specifics of this gun, but I am a Holosun fan boy.
I noticed your avitar has changed to Guitar. A Bass to be specific. You know? Before I became active again to the forum again here just recently. I always thought it was Bassbob as in the fish! 🤔

There is one way to jack up the front sight, but I don't know by how much.
Install a Socom gas lock front sight base from Smith Enterprise, and put the tall Scout front sight post on it.... crank your rear sight up to see if the alignment works for you. If it works, all you need to do is add the corresponding Socom brake or flash hider fro SEI.

There is one way to jack up the front sight, but I don't know by how much.
Install a Socom gas lock front sight base from Smith Enterprise, and put the tall Scout front sight post on it.... crank your rear sight up to see if the alignment works for you. If it works, all you need to do is add the corresponding Socom brake or flash hider fro SEI.
If I raise either one I will have to raise the other wont I?

Replace the factory scout mount with a light, cool running scout hand guard imported from Canada from M14.ca The SHG allows you to mount optics as low as possible, low enough that you can co-witness your iron sights through some red dots.
View attachment 35469
After research. Im probably going to go this route you suggested as far as lowering sight. I'll probably also be upgrading to a Holosun RDS

Well, I up graded to a Holosun QD RDS. I haven't range tested it yet, but I can already tell I'm going to like it more than the Vortex Venom. The Holosun has a bigger sight glass. Three different reticle options on demand. Reticle brightness can be adjusted to much dimmer than the Venom for low light and nighttime target acquisition. Also, the single dot reticle is 2MO vs the V Venom's 3MOA. The Quick Detach was also a big selling point. The Holosun when turned off isn't compatible with the use of the factory Iron sights at the same time because it also blocks the front post, but being as it's Quick Detach. That's no longer much of a concern. Also, Holosun boasts 50,000 hours of battery life along with being solar energy powered! Can't Wait to give you you guys a range report!👍
20230210_013954.jpg

I've also already found a home for the Vortex V RDS on my 10/22 Tactical. Witch is also a bonus!👍
20230210_005824.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone again who offered info, advice, and opinions on the subject

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!😉

Last edited:
Well, I up graded to a Holosun QD RDS. I haven't range tested it yet, but I can already tell I'm going to like it more than the Vortex Venom. The Holosun has a bigger sight glass. Three different reticle options on demand. Reticle brightness can be adjusted to much dimmer than the Venom for low light and nighttime target acquisition. Also, the single dot reticle is 2MO vs the V Venom's 3MOA. The Quick Detach was also a big selling point. The Holosun when turned off isn't compatible with the use of the factory Iron sights at the same time because it also blocks the front post, but being as it's Quick Detach. That's no longer much of a concern. Also, Holosun boasts 50,000 hours of battery life along with being solar energy powered! Can't Wait to give you you guys a range report!👍
View attachment 36410

I've also already found a home for the Vortex V RDS on my 10/22 Tactical. Witch is also a bonus!👍
View attachment 36411

I'd like to thank everyone again who offered info, advice, and opinions on the subject

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!😉
Looks like a Holosun 510C. I have 3 of them. They are awesome. So is the ( now discontinued) 512C which is the same as the 510c except no QD mount and it's a closed emitter sight.

Back