testtest

Mag extension for 10mm/.45acp 3.8"

Pitdogg2

Professional
Looks like Pearce has come out with a dedicated pinky extension for the XD-m Elite 10mm 3.8". It states it works on both 10mm and .45acp magazines. For the record I've not tried them. Personally I'm good with the factory extended.

Looks like Pearce has come out with a dedicated pinky extension for the XD-m Elite 10mm 3.8". It states it works on both 10mm and .45acp magazines. For the record I've not tried them. Personally I'm good with the factory extended.

For my XDM Elite 3.8 10mm I use the factory extended magazines with sleeve that creates a seamless mating with the grip (after mag well removal)
Sub compact gun full grip, extra rounds.

Well yes, those are my backup in my pouch. The 11rd mag fits my hand perfect. I tried my pearce that fit my XD-m 3.8" .45 compact but that would not fit the XD-m Elite mags. This is made for the XD-m Elite mags and adds two rounds. Now your short mags are 13 not 10 or 11. Flush mags are 10.

For my XDM Elite 3.8 10mm I use the factory extended magazines with sleeve that creates a seamless mating with the grip (after mag well removal)
Sub compact gun full grip, extra rounds.

That's also how I run my XDM Elite 3.8" .45 - The 13 rd mag w/ the sleeve is soooooo nice, but you still get the compact slide/barrel. Grip can be tricky to hide in summer time tho.

That's also how I run my XDM Elite 3.8" .45 - The 13 rd mag w/ the sleeve is soooooo nice, but you still get the compact slide/barrel. Grip can be tricky to hide in summer time tho.
Agreed. I’ll be doing an initial cleaning on my new Elite compact 45 today and then going to the range to shoot and zero the red dot. Unlike with my Elite compact 10mm I’ll be keeping my short mags for the 45 and I have only two extended mags on order.
Today I’ll see how I shoot with the shorter grip.

Agreed. I’ll be doing an initial cleaning on my new Elite compact 45 today and then going to the range to shoot and zero the red dot. Unlike with my Elite compact 10mm I’ll be keeping my short mags for the 45 and I have only two extended mags on order.
Today I’ll see how I shoot with the shorter grip.

Only configuration I didn't like on the grip is if you keep the flared magwell. Makes it hard to get all the digits on it comfortably.

I'm in Maryland with Goofy 10 rnd mag laws, illegal to make or sell them, but not illegal to possess them.
Got an XD-M 4.5" .45 ACP, full sized. Of course it came with 10 rnd magazines. Ran over to the closest Virginia gun shop.

They only had 13rnd magazines only for the 3.8" XD-M Elite.
Remembering what I had read in the past, the magazines are the same for the XD/XD-M/XD-M Elite. I risked it, and bought the mags for the 3.8", pulled off the grip extension sleeves and sure enough, they worked perfectly in the full sized XD-M .45.

Anyone willing to sell their short magwell to their XD-M Elite 3.8" 10mm/.45ACP? SA won't make them available, and I loved to have one on my XD-M .45.

Only configuration I didn't like on the grip is if you keep the flared magwell. Makes it hard to get all the digits on it comfortably.
Well the magwell has been removed and my (2) 9/10 round mag baseplates have been replaced with the supplied smaller baseplates and with first grip the pinky finger ends up below the baseplate.
3E1C8664-58E7-44CB-9C95-04CC5A56FDF6.jpeg

However with extended mags like on my Elite 10mm my pinky finger ends up with a better grip position.
98369E86-6CC9-4D29-AF06-EEE3C8F2DF75.jpeg

I will see how this plays out.

You just have bigger mitts than me. Big ol' bear paws goddamn. It's better with the extended mag and sleeve extension, but I can get a full grip on it with the 10 rd mag.

Well the magwell has been removed and my (2) 9/10 round mag baseplates have been replaced with the supplied smaller baseplates and with first grip the pinky finger ends up below the baseplate.
View attachment 33318
However with extended mags like on my Elite 10mm my pinky finger ends up with a better grip position.
View attachment 33319
I will see how this plays out.
Think your legs need shaved…..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back