testtest

Malfunctioning ejection port cover

I wonder where does Springfield source some of the parts as the iron or polymer sights in this case are from UTG and the double sided safety is from CMMG it seems like to me.

I replaced my ejection port with those pop ins from Strike Industries and then moved onto an ejection port cover from BCM.

I replaced the safety with the single sided Colt edition from Brownells since BCM is out of stock on selling their semis in a stand alone package.
ALOT of the industry doesn't make all their own parts and sources most, if not all parts from others.

Please give Springfield’s customer service a call and they will get you fixed up
Hi XDman
I called SA's customer service line. They said to send it in, whole rifle that is; they'd look at it and send it back in 2-4 weeks time. Not sure if it's worth sending it in for that. I'm wondering if just taking a file to it would weaken the aluminum and continue the problem, or if filling it would be the answer. If course, if I filled on it, I'd violate the warranty. Not sure if I'd want to do that. I'll probably just send it in. Thank you for your ideas

Hi XDman
I called SA's customer service line. They said to send it in, whole rifle that is; they'd look at it and send it back in 2-4 weeks time. Not sure if it's worth sending it in for that. I'm wondering if just taking a file to it would weaken the aluminum and continue the problem, or if filling it would be the answer. If course, if I filled on it, I'd violate the warranty. Not sure if I'd want to do that. I'll probably just send it in. Thank you for your ideas
Try working it! Open, close, open and close repeatedly or just work the pin on the cover.

Back