testtest

Masks and vaccines

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Ok, rant time again, and this is just my opinion here. Back when COVID first hit us, we were told masks don’t help, then they changed there perspective on mask wearing. Ok, then we were able to get a vaccine, which is a personal choice, if you want it, you get it, if not, that’s also your choice. Ok now I am seeing they want to mandate vaccines, so I am thinking is this America where you can make your own choices or is it do as I say, not as I do from this administration. Now we were also told that FULLY vaccinated didn’t have to wear masks anymore, now the CDC is changing there minds again saying all should wear masks again. What erks me is why did any of us get the vaccine,(which in my opinion was right to do, if you chose to do so,) if now you have to mask up again, are the vaccines not effective. All you hear is we follow the science, what science are you following? All this kind of confliction does is tell the unvaccinated why should I get the vaccine if we still have to wear masks. This confliction is tearing this country up, deviding us, if this is all political it needs to stop before there will be no more America left.

What I can say is science relies on facts, and we learn more over time. That guidance changes is the scientific process, not contrary to it.

One of the promises of the vaccine is that infections will be asymptomatic or low grade symptoms. That is supported by the death rate. 99% unvaxed vs 1% vaxed. Masks are largely to avoid spreading the disease, since a vaccinated person can still get infected and apparently spread the disease even though their symptoms will be slight or nonexistent. I'm of a mixed mind on wearing those damn things again but might depending on the company.

Last edited:
Bet if this same firm was paid to support getting the vaccine they’d come up with a cute convincing video as well. I say that because I don’t know what to believe any longer. Politicians are full of crap more than ever, or more than we knew anyway, gov’t statistics are questionable, COVID info is all over the board, and it goes on and on. I won’t say much about the election results because those numbers seem to be in question more and more day by day. And we know damn well we were lied to!

I’m beginning to think it’s all intentional… sensory overload to keep us occupied. And for what reason… hummm

Bet if this same firm was paid to support getting the vaccine they’d come up with a cute convincing video as well. I say that because I don’t know what to believe any longer. Politicians are full of crap more than ever, or more than we knew anyway, gov’t statistics are questionable, COVID info is all over the board, and it goes on and on. I won’t say much about the election results because those numbers seem to be in question more and more day by day. And we know damn well we were lied to!

I’m beginning to think it’s all intentional… sensory overload to keep us occupied. And for what reason… hummm

That's a questionable video. Even accepting their numbers, 10,000 adverse effects out of 163,000,000 fully vaccinated people. That's .0061%. According to the National Weather Service, your chance of bring struck by lightning in your lifetime is about 1 in 15,300. That's a .0065% chance, slightly more likely. By contrast, your chances of dying if you get COVID in the U.S. if unvaccinated is about 1.77%.

Ok, rant time again, and this is just my opinion here. Back when COVID first hit us, we were told masks don’t help, then they changed there perspective on mask wearing. Ok, then we were able to get a vaccine, which is a personal choice, if you want it, you get it, if not, that’s also your choice. Ok now I am seeing they want to mandate vaccines, so I am thinking is this America where you can make your own choices or is it do as I say, not as I do from this administration. Now we were also told that FULLY vaccinated didn’t have to wear masks anymore, now the CDC is changing there minds again saying all should wear masks again. What erks me is why did any of us get the vaccine,(which in my opinion was right to do, if you chose to do so,) if now you have to mask up again, are the vaccines not effective. All you hear is we follow the science, what science are you following? All this kind of confliction does is tell the unvaccinated why should I get the vaccine if we still have to wear masks. This confliction is tearing this country up, deviding us, if this is all political it needs to stop before there will be no more America left.
You're entirely entitled to your opinions. No need to explain. Yes, politicizing a disease is asinine.

That's a questionable video. Even accepting their numbers, 10,000 adverse effects out of 163,000,000 fully vaccinated people. That's .0061%. According to the National Weather Service, your chance of bring struck by lightning in your lifetime is about 1 in 15,300. That's a .0065% chance, slightly more likely. By contrast, your chances of dying if you get COVID in the U.S. if unvaccinated is about 1.77%.
I agree. A lot of information out here today is nothing but propaganda. That is why I said for the right amount of money I bet that same firm would come out with a cute little video supporting the other side.

I agree with Texas........

All I know is first you got to get mad.
I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job, the dollar buys a nickel’s worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter, punks are running wild in the streets, and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air’s unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit and watch our tee-vees while some local newscaster tells us today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We all know things are bad. Worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like every thing’s going crazy. So we don’t go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we live in gets smaller, and all we ask is please, at least leave us alone in our own living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my tee-vee and my hair-dryer and my steel-belted radials, and I won’t say anything, just leave us alone. Well, I’m not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad.

I don’t want you to riot. I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to write your congressmen. Because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the defense budget and the Russians and crime in the street. All I know is first you got to get mad. You’ve got to say: “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this any more. I’m a human being, dammit. My life has value.” So I want you to get up now. I want you to get out of your chairs and go to the window. Right now. I want you to go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell. I want you to yell: “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this any more!”

Quote from "Network"

Got mine also (Pfizer), but will wear a mask when visiting my 90 yo Mom, even though she got the same, due to her fragile health condition.

Otherwise, IMO, there will be a never-ending string of varients as time goes on, and the Govt will run out of alphabet letters and/or the nato phonetic alphabet when the "bug" keeps mutating.

Maybe then they'll switch to Egyptian hieroglyphs? :rolleyes:

Covid is endemic & will be just like the flu updates each year. But BIG Pharm and the Govt just wants to make more $$ and create more havoc.

My .02

We got the Pfizer. People generally aren't going to put masks back on IMO. They can try to make 'em do it, but I don't see it happenin. I personally have one with me when I'm out JIC but haven't put it on in months now. The older I get the more of a crackpot I seem to be turning into.

No mask for me. Science shows they are ineffective. These people just want control over us. This virus is no more deadly than the flu, especially if you have no comorbidities and WAY less deadly for kids. And the MAIN comorbidities are obesity and diabetes. You have to ask yourself, why the sudden desire to shut everything down and force mask mandates now, but never for the flu? Government was starting to lose control of the sheep - so they are trying to scare us into submission again....

We got ours, more out of concern for our children and grandchildren. Especially the grandkids who are too young to be vaccinated. No matter what we think about the vaccine, masks and the pandemic, we refuse to possibly expose our grandkids to potential danger. We could not live with that.

So, you do realize how science works, right?

They look at the data they have, and make recommendations from it; when the data changes, they update the recommendations--if they are worth anything, that is. They admit their earlier recommendations were (possibly) wrong, and move on.

It's not a one-shot, we've got it all figured out kind of thing--that's religion, and is usually horribly wrong, but can't admit it.

So, you do realize how science works, right?

They look at the data they have, and make recommendations from it; when the data changes, they update the recommendations--if they are worth anything, that is. They admit their earlier recommendations were (possibly) wrong, and move on.

It's not a one-shot, we've got it all figured out kind of thing--that's religion, and is usually horribly wrong, but can't admit it.
Fully and completely understand that, but I don’t believe there is any science involved in making these
recommendations, if they(government) mandates every body has to get the vaccine, my point is, where does it end? What will they(government) mandate next, and do you actually believe they will stop mandating there agenda? Me and my wife both got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and we will not wear masks again, if asked why, why should we since we are fully vaccinated. To me, now, it’s nothing but political and the current administration does not want to lose any power they have over us. Ok, done ranting and bitching here, good responses from all.

Fully and completely understand that, but I don’t believe there is any science involved in making these
recommendations, if they(government) mandates every body has to get the vaccine, my point is, where does it end? What will they(government) mandate next, and do you actually believe they will stop mandating there agenda? Me and my wife both got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and we will not wear masks again, if asked why, why should we since we are fully vaccinated. To me, now, it’s nothing but political and the current administration does not want to lose any power they have over us. Ok, done ranting and bitching here, good responses from all.
Think of the logic. Just pure logic. If masks are effective, why do we need a vaccine if we’re wearing masks? And if vaccines are effective, why in the world would we needs masks? Makes no logical sense. I won’t even get into the actual science of it all, just think about the logic…

Think of the logic. Just pure logic. If masks are effective, why do we need a vaccine if we’re wearing masks? And if vaccines are effective, why in the world would we needs masks? Makes no logical sense. I won’t even get into the actual science of it all, just think about the logic…
I think you're oversimplifying a couple premises, leading to an flawed conclusion.

Back