testtest

Matchsaverz

Anyone tried one? Will it hold up with just the velcro or is it necessary to drill holes in your forend ?

No, haven't tried. Seems pricey for what it is. Am not clear on the velcro part from install video.
Looks like screws and nuts are needed. Maybe make one if wanted? Pex tubing?

Here's some videos on the Matchsaverz:

I have. I tried it first with velcro only. It works but for long-term/heavy use I figured attaching it via the screw/screw hole (just one small hole) would be more durable & secure.

It's handy having an extra back-up round readily available.

No, haven't tried. Seems pricey for what it is. Am not clear on the velcro part from install video.
Looks like screws and nuts are needed. Maybe make one if wanted? Pex tubing?

Here's some videos on the Matchsaverz:
The video from the manufacturer and all the installation instructions say it comes with a small piece of velcro and has a velcro backing. It says to try it with the velcro to be sure it's in the right location before drilling holes in your shotgun.

I can see it being handy. Not handy enough to drill a hole in my shotgun though.

The video from the manufacturer and all the installation instructions say it comes with a small piece of velcro and has a velcro backing. It says to try it with the velcro to be sure it's in the right location before drilling holes in your shotgun.

I can see it being handy. Not handy enough to drill a hole in my shotgun though.

"I can see it being handy. Not handy enough to drill a hole in my shotgun though." - Same thoughts here too. One biggie is it frees up fingers holding extra ammo and possibly using pouches.

One is drilling a small hole in the handguard, not into any metal part of the shotgun, and its easy to ignore w/o the Matchsaver installed (reinforces the velcros hold) since the screw hole goes thru the front part of the velcro.

To each his/her/its own.

Last edited:
One is drilling a small hole in the handguard, not into any metal part of the shotgun, and its easy to ignore w/o the Matchsaver installed (reinforces the velcros hold) since the screw hole goes thru the front part of the velcro.

To each his/her/its on.

It's own ? :unsure:

Guess it depends on the shotgun. I haven't seen an example of one drilled into the rubbery stock forend on the 1301.

I question if the extra second it takes to reach under and grab a shell out of the card and dump it in is worth the trouble though. I guess if it were a competition gun.

0TLdSSZ.jpg

DDwK2j0.jpg

It's own ? :unsure:

Guess it depends on the shotgun. I haven't seen an example of one drilled into the rubbery stock forend on the 1301.

I question if the extra second it takes to reach under and grab a shell out of the card and dump it in is worth the trouble though. I guess if it were a competition gun.

0TLdSSZ.jpg

DDwK2j0.jpg
Sweaping the support hand over the top and stripping the extra round into the receiver port in one move should be faster (with practice) than using the support hand to come back, pick a shell off the card then over the top and into the receiver port, IMO.

Sweaping the support hand over the top and stripping the extra round into the receiver port in one move should be faster (with practice) than using the support hand to come back, pick a shell off the card then over the top and into the receiver port, IMO.
I sweep under with the strong hand. Violin style.

I may have mentioned things will have to be done slightly differently with this set up than the Mossberg. I do sweep under for mag loading, but on the 500 I have 2 cards. One set up like you see here on the Beretta and one on the right ( strong side) of the butt stock. And the shells in the card on the support side receiver are oriented primer up. I really haven't gotten everything worked out on the Beretta just yet. I do know I like the red dot enough that it's staying. I considered a Fast Fire which would sit lower, but the 510C is just way too fast. It ain't going nowhere.

Also while it is very likely I will do a little "Non competitive" 3 gun stuff with the Beretta, it's primary function is a defensive weapon. So shaving a half second off here and there isn't my first consideration. In that capacity I think getting "The one" in the chamber, should it come to that, needs to be very fast, but I anticipate any scenario which has me loosing 8 rounds and needing a full reload would involve me being behind cover.

In any case I will have to train and train with this shotgun until I find my sweet spot before it comes out of the safe to replace the 500 I sleep with. Which works out well for me since I really, REALLY like training with shotguns and I suspect I will have ample time to complete the task before a home invasion actually occurs. :)

Last edited:
Back