testtest

Meet Bubba

Over a lot of years I've had two pit bull dogs, a Spaniel when I was just a kid, one Springer Spaniel paired with a Brittany Spaniel and both same age withing 14 days of each other, one lived to 12, the other to 13. Then a small Brittany female which was stolen from me at about 1 year old, then over the years two more Brittany females, one for about 12 years, the last one about 7 years. The last two overlapped as sister dogs for about 3 years before the older girl (Tippy) passed on at 13. We just lost our last one (Siene) not quite a year ago at 14 years old.

Once I got past the hog hunting craze with the bull dogs, I got back into bird hunting with the Spaniels, all rescue and from "ABR". Hunted some with every one of them. Each and every one were rescue dogs from one organization or another. I can't really explain it, but it seems these rescue dogs just have a way of knowing you picked them from many others and they're always grateful and try to show it to us by their love and faithfulness. I've always said I'd like to one day become the man those dogs all thought I was!!!

Siene was probably our last one. During the time we had her (or maybe she had us) we retired and moved to a retirement community. We landed on the 3rd floor of our building and it made it difficult to let her out as much as she was used to at the old house where we had a big, fenced back yard we could just let her run in. Here, we'd see her sitting beside the sliding glass doors out to the lenei to let us know she needed to go out, then we'd have to walk her to the elevator, down to the ground floor, then outside for a long walk or over to the dog run where she could enjoy it for whatever time we had available. She certainly lacked for nothing, but it just wasn't as good for her as when we first got her. Sure we had our favorites, but we loved them all the same. I truly miss everyone of them.

The best thing about dogs is they give you unconditional love. If you don't believe me, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for half and hour and when you open the trunk see which one is glad to see you.
Or lock them outside the house in the rain for a few minutes unintentionally. Then when you hear her screeching and screaming and the dog barking, open the door and let them in. See which one shuts up first.

Got him from a breeder
Did you just adopt?
Bubba is sort of a rescue. I'm not sure if his litter was accidental or not (don't think it was) but he was in really bad conditions. Just gave him a bath for fleas. He's only 13 weeks old. The house smelled awful (but there were 12 puppies at one point to be fair). He's a sweet boy who loves attention. He slept the whole 2.5 ride for the most part.

Got him from a breeder

Bubba is sort of a rescue. I'm not sure if his litter was accidental or not (don't think it was) but he was in really bad conditions. Just gave him a bath for fleas. He's only 13 weeks old. The house smelled awful (but there were 12 puppies at one point to be fair). He's a sweet boy who loves attention. He slept the whole 2.5 ride for the most part.

Some of the best and smartest dogs have had over the years were the runts of the litter or came from not so great homes. A little TLC and they usually turn out great. Great choice by the way. Nice looking little fella.

Got him from a breeder

If he lived in a litter of 12 for 13 weeks, he was probably exhausted and looking for some rest. No wonder he slept for 2 1/2 hrs .... plus the ride. Man-o-man, I can sleep like a baby when riding in a car, truck, bus, or most anything else that rolls down the hi-way.

If he lived in a litter of 12 for 13 weeks, he was probably exhausted and looking for some rest. No wonder he slept for 2 1/2 hrs .... plus the ride. Man-o-man, I can sleep like a baby when riding in a car, truck, bus, or most anything else that rolls down the hi-way.
He had a big day: 2.5 hour car ride, birthday party with dogs and people then PetSmart after. He is POOPED! Sleeping on the couch next to new human Mama (my girlfriend).

Lots of toys, lots of attention and then a big meal of puppy food.

He is part Scott American bulldog and part Johnson American. Daddy's head was literally the size of a basketball. He had to weigh 130 lbs.
I thought I saw a some bull dog in him. Just wasn't sure which one at his age/size. Good on ya'! He'll be there for you in everything you do or have to do ......! Probably the Scott side is where I thought I saw a little Cur. Although he didn't have a lot of wrinkles and droop. But then again he is pretty young yet to show his full breeding.

Just out of curiosity, why would any breeder want to cross those two. Doesn't he specialize in one or the other like most bull dog breeders do?

PS: Daddy must have been the Johnson side ....

I thought I saw a some bull dog in him. Just wasn't sure which one at his age/size. Good on ya'! He'll be there for you in everything you do or have to do ......! Probably the Scott side is where I thought I saw a little Cur. Although he didn't have a lot of wrinkles and droop. But then again he is pretty young yet to show his full breeding.

Just out of curiosity, why would any breeder want to cross those two. Doesn't he specialize in one or the other like most bull dog breeders do?

PS: Daddy must have been the Johnson side ....
I don't think they knew the difference and truth be told I didn't know until recently.

Momma had a more pointed nose which makes me wonder if she's a mutt. Either way I don't care, he's got a forever home and will be super spoiled

Back