testtest

Meet Bubba

I know one of them has some pretty severe separation anxiety. Not sure why. We got her when she was young (6 or 8 weeks) and her baby (biological baby. The big boy in one of my photos) learned it from her.

Just like people or more so, pets usually try to fit into the crowd, dogs especially. Copying the good along with the not so much sometimes. Rewards can help when doing they're doing well to slow the undesirable traits. Love and time can help the anxiety issues as well as some other distractions can they may enjoy too. - Like treats, toys or biscuits and activities. Puppy treats can still work well on full grown dogs too, some larger dogs enjoy them as much or better than the larger treats. And, it's still a treat for them, so there's the reinforcement?

Dogs usually look for and expect commitment from humans because they give it almost unconditionally, if it's finally broke? It needs more reinforcement to reinstill. More activities like going for walks can usually reinforce that. So can the wrestling around with them. They're almost usually perpetual two year olds and love frequent attention and activity.

Or tear up your couch while you're a work...like mine did today. Wasn't Bubba because he's kenneled
Unfortunately on occasion the introduction of another, especially a younger dog will cause some disruption and confusion in other, older dogs. The same thing sometimes will occur by bringing another human into the pack. And homes with pack/social animals is usually considered a pack, and a new animal changes the hierarchy of that pack.

IE: confusion for a while until the pack hierarchy is reestablished. I never truly understood it, but it does. I think it must be something like jealousy among younger kids. Just show the sofa chewer a lot of love and attention for a few days and all should be well. Right now and for awhile, Bubba will likely find his place on the lower end of the pile, but one day, my guess is he'll step up and take control. :):D:D

Congrats. My wife and I have 2 German Shepherds 1 of which is also a rescue. Total unconditional love. They don't care how you're dressed where you live or what you drive. 30 years of being a Policeman now and with that much time on as of late I seem to love my dogos more than most people. Best of Luck and again congrats.
A shout out to you. Thank you for your service. Our first responders really deserve a debt of gratitude in todays environment. I've had German Shepards and they are awesome.

I’m in the same boat.
Momma and daughter brought home a new pup for the daughter . Adopted from a shelter

View attachment 23214
Well KF1977, we're still waiting for his/her name and what he/she is. Looks like a little Terrier of some type in there. And maybe something more ??? Looks fairly young as well. Certainly well kept and looks healthy. Good on ya' son, and Momma and daughter!!! A rescue is never wrong. (y)(y)(y)

I know one of them has some pretty severe separation anxiety. Not sure why. We got her when she was young (6 or 8 weeks) and her baby (biological baby. The big boy in one of my photos) learned it from her.
I'm assuming from your post that both you and your girl friend were gone from the house at the same time ........... that will often cause some separation issues. You might want to try leaving the TV on, or a radio, or sometimes even a loud ticking clock (make sure the alarm is NOT set to go off before you return) will be calming. It might be a good thing for all of them at least for a few days. (y)(y)(y)

Well KF1977, we're still waiting for his/her name and what he/she is. Looks like a little Terrier of some type in there. And maybe something more ??? Looks fairly young as well. Certainly well kept and looks healthy. Good on ya' son, and Momma and daughter!!! A rescue is never wrong. (y)(y)(y)
Well, WannaBe and Killer’s family are most certainly enjoying our new pups.

Daughter named her … Remi
Short for the firearms maker
Terrier mix
Its her emotional support animal … do what we have to in life

Back