testtest

Memories......Maverick schools the rookies. I need to see this movie.

I had a young man at work call me an old man two weeks ago, I laughed in his face and told him I’m old because I don’t take crap from anyone. I found out yesterday he was let go for being disrespectful to a customer.
You reap what you sow.
They call me the old man at work, but I outwork all these lazy ass youngins every day. And I don't stop brother. I may not get paid on Saturday and Sunday, but you can bet I am still working. Today I am delivering to my mechanic, a giant wood burning stove my deceased father in law built that I removed from the house I bought next door ( a good will gesture I have no doubt will pay off), which I had to use a skidloader with forks to get out of the house and on to my trailer.

(That is the house I bought in the picture and under the tarp is my siding for the house I live in, which is where I took the picture from)
45zqwjY.jpg

Then I am going to the lumber yard to get about 30 2x10s for ban boards and beams for the deck I will be building on my house ( the one I live in). I had all the siding delivered earlier this week and those bans have to go on before I install the siding. I spent a few days resheathing parts of the roof next door, including where I removed the giant wood burner, and weaving in new shingles. The house was flooded when mine flooded in 2017 and has been sitting partially gutted since. So endless hours of drywall removal, framing, mold mitigation, etc.. and endless hours still to go.

I still have 50' of 6' privacy fence with 3 gates to install between the two houses, but I don't want to do that until I get the house I live in sided.

Then there's my elderly parent's house which I maintain and my divorced/single sister who never seems to run out of projects she wants to do, but lacks the ability ( insert brother here). It's pretty much Sleep, work, eat, sleep, shoot, work, eat, rinse, repeat ad nauseum. For eternity I suppose.

By the way, the gray house you see across the street I rebuilt ( twice now actually since I owned it when it flooded in '17) from scratch.

They call me the old man at work, but I outwork all these lazy ass youngins every day. And I don't stop brother. I may not get paid on Saturday and Sunday, but you can bet I am still working. Today I am delivering to my mechanic, a giant wood burning stove my deceased father in law built that I removed from the house I bought next door ( a good will gesture I have no doubt will pay off), which I had to use a skidloader with forks to get out of the house and on to my trailer.

(That is the house I bought in the picture and under the tarp is my siding for the house I live in, which is where I took the picture from)
45zqwjY.jpg

Then I am going to the lumber yard to get about 30 2x10s for ban boards and beams for the deck I will be building on my house ( the one I live in). I had all the siding delivered earlier this week and those bans have to go on before I install the siding. I spent a few days resheathing parts of the roof next door, including where I removed the giant wood burner, and weaving in new shingles. The house was flooded when mine flooded in 2017 and has been sitting partially gutted since. So endless hours of drywall removal, framing, mold mitigation, etc.. and endless hours still to go.

I still have 50' of 6' privacy fence with 3 gates to install between the two houses, but I don't want to do that until I get the house I live in sided.

Then there's my elderly parent's house which I maintain and my divorced/single sister who never seems to run out of projects she wants to do, but lacks the ability ( insert brother here). It's pretty much Sleep, work, eat, sleep, shoot, work, eat, rinse, repeat ad nauseum. For eternity I suppose.

By the way, the gray house you see across the street I rebuilt ( twice now actually since I owned it when it flooded in '17) from scratch.
Outstanding.

Yup even though I’m part time at work,
(Semi retired) I work circles around the younger generation employees, I laugh when it gets slow they all just stand around on their phones. I tell them even when it’s slow there is something to do, they look at me like I’m crazy.
Hey it’s all good, I’m getting paid great money for what I do. I go out of my way to help the older generation customers because I know they appreciate it, the younger adult customers don’t even say thank you when I do something to help them that I don’t have to do.

The bottom line is how good I feel at the end of the day about making a difference in people’s lives.

Every year I make all my fellow cops run a combat course which I change up every year. They have to literally run through it and get their adrenaline up and shoot on the move. Yes it's a challenge but they only have to go through it once. For safety sake and liability I am literally an arm's length away from every cop that does it so essentially I run through it with every one. I cannot tell ya how many times the younger cops in their early to late twenties are on the ground gasping for air and out of breath after they finish their run. I'm 51 and a smoker, cancer survivor and mini stroke survivor and I have never once had to collapse onto the ground after a run. Maybe it's me being old school or just dedicated to training but they seem way too soft. Although lately bones creak and make strange noises when I get up.

Every year I make all my fellow cops run a combat course which I change up every year. They have to literally run through it and get their adrenaline up and shoot on the move. Yes it's a challenge but they only have to go through it once. For safety sake and liability I am literally an arm's length away from every cop that does it so essentially I run through it with every one. I cannot tell ya how many times the younger cops in their early to late twenties are on the ground gasping for air and out of breath after they finish their run. I'm 51 and a smoker, cancer survivor and mini stroke survivor and I have never once had to collapse onto the ground after a run. Maybe it's me being old school or just dedicated to training but they seem way too soft. Although lately bones creak and make strange noises when I get up.
I admire your dedication.

Back