testtest

met an ATF agent today

Old_Me

Ronin
yeah, i had gone to the bait/tackle store where i buy some guns, and my reloads from. was telling the manager about the good time shooting my new to me, Vaquero.

in walks a tall man.

asked to see the owner, or anyone in charge.

manager said he can help.

guy was an ATF agent, there to do a check of the books, for at least 1 year back from todays date.

the manager asked if he could let him finish the sale of, yeah, a couple of guns in fact with a customer there picking up his new purchases, so i started a conversation with him.

he was quite responsive and forthcoming, and said he answers questions the websites charge you for..lol

i had asked if a "private" person such as myself can obtain an FFL, and he said yes, but it does depend on your city/town, and a commercial zone or residential. (all by local codes) i mentioned about the "kitchen table FFL's" he said my state has them, but they are out in the "burb's" or far away locations from the cities to be a worry.

he laid out many things i had already read

i asked about maybe obtaining an FFL to do some "minor" gunsmithing, and/or reloaded ammo sales. he spoke of some gunsmithing to then be given back to the customer the same day, otherwise, i'd have to log in the gun, if it stays overnight at my place....

again, he said, it is location specific to the codes.

he gave me his card, with his cell number if i ever need or want to ask more questions.

really cool how he was responsive, and did not brush me off.

yeah, i had gone to the bait/tackle store where i buy some guns, and my reloads from. was telling the manager about the good time shooting my new to me, Vaquero.

in walks a tall man.

guy was an ATF agent, there to do a check of the books, for at least 1 year back from todays date.

the manager asked if he could let him finish the sale of, yeah, a couple of guns in fact with a customer there picking up his new purchases, so i started a conversation with him.

he was quite responsive and forthcoming, and said he answers questions the websites charge you for..lol

i had asked if a "private" person such as myself can obtain an FFL, and he said yes, but it does depend on your city/town, and a commercial zone or residential. (all by local codes) i mentioned about the "kitchen table FFL's" he said my state has them, but they are out in the "burb's" or far away locations from the cities to be a worry.

i asked about maybe obtaining an FFL to do some "minor" gunsmithing, and/or reloaded ammo sales. he spoke of some gunsmithing to then be given back to the customer the same day, otherwise, i'd have to log in the gun, if it stays overnight at my place....

he gave me his card, with his cell number if i ever need or want to ask more questions.

Not all Government employees are 'male apendages' -- some are actually rather pleasant.

in walks a tall man.

You actually don’t want a FFL, especially in todays climate, had one years ago, C&R license is the way to go, to much paper work, rules and crap with a regular FFL.

Before I retired a co worker transferred to ATF and I talk to him all the time.

He says The biggest misunderstanding is an acting director says something stupid or higher than his department types (like a certain former rogue AG or at least Deputy AG) and everyone not involved gets painted. The majority of Agents and IOI’s are only interested in putting the really bad folks in cuffs. Not the normal gun enthusiasts.

And the few I have encountered before have always been personable and not quite the boogeymen some made them out to be.

Not all Government employees are 'male apendages' -- some are actually rather pleasant.
Working for you (I am a govenmennt worker), I can tell you that there are government workers and government employees. And they aren't the same. The workers work, doing their jobs to the best of their ability. The employees are just there to get a paycheck, and if lucky, become eligible for retirement.

Working for you (I am a govenmennt worker), I can tell you that there are government workers and government employees. And they aren't the same. The workers work, doing their jobs to the best of their ability. The employees are just there to get a paycheck, and if lucky, become eligible for retirement.
As a government worker, I can vouch for the truth to that statement. 😄

I know exactly what you are saying. It applies to every job, every office, and every mail truck. There are those who really want to be 'there' and to serve and those who "just get by" till retirement.

in walks a tall man.

The thing is humans are a strange animal, some are great, some are good or bad and some are frankly a small version of the male anatomy.
“Word starts with D”
It makes no difference where you work or who you work for. It’s basically how your brain is wired and how you believe others should be treated.
As mentioned in the above post I learned at a young age to look in the mirror and reflect on the human being I was and wanted to be, give respect get respect, speak your mind in a respectful way and don’t back down about things that are important to you.
Live, prosper and leave this world a better place.

The world needs more of the better place.

My career was in two agencies, in civilian policing, and many years active and reserve as a special agent in the Air Force. As a federal law enforcement officer with the Air Force I worked with many agents of other federal agencies as well as civilian agencies. I found the vast majority of those agents were patriots, good people dedicated to doing a good job in law enforcement in their respective mission areas. Yes there were some officious alpha hotels in every agency but for the most part they are good people just trying to do a job and provide for their families. Where things always seemed to go awry is when upper-level bureaucrats got involved. Many of the higher ups in the HQ's get the Potomac Fever and start thinking they are "players". I have always said that the best that could happen would be to move all those federal LE HQ's to somewhere like rural Idaho, or at least 100 miles from D.C. so they are out of that fantasy bubble.

but...did the one in the mirror, give you any sass, or insult the way you looked in the morning..???

and if so, what did you have the balls to say back to him..???
1656423980592.gif

Mirror guy knew better………😬

Back