testtest

Micro Miracle 9mm Roundup

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good read on the micro 9mm’s, these little pistols seem to be the going thing right now, lots of good choices for any shooter.

I see the Micro 9’s that have hit the market in the past few years as great accomplishments of modern engineering. Not too long ago, the Glock 26 was the smallest option for anyone who wanted 10 rounds of ammo. Those things would print like an Inkjet, but we all carried them as backups when I joined the force. Newer carriers don’t realize how good they have it.

Excellent article. When I purchased my Hellcat it was that or the Sig, tried them both and opted for the Hellcat. Being a a big Ruger fan I still carry my LC9S 7+1 on occasion. It is my lightest and slimmest EDC and conceals better with certain clothing. That Max 9 is intriguing, may have to have a look see. The wife got annoyed when I was talking with my son about adding another EDC and she said "why do you need so many guns, you can only use one at a time", when I answered her with "why do you have so many shoes, you can only wear one pair at a time" she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Good article.

IMO I wish the industry (writers & manufacturers) would standardize their labeling of the different sized pistols. One party calls a pistol a micro, and another calls it a mini, or subcompact or compact when they have similar sizes.

IMO, in the small 9mms a single-stack (Kahr PM9, etc.), and subsequent smaller size, is a micro, whereas a small double-stack 9mm like the Hellcat, etc. is a mini due to the larger dimensions.

Then you get into the 10mm/45 world. There's the G26/29 which is called a subcompact, but SA calls the new SA XDm Elite 10mm OSP a compact when they're nearly same-size.

And a G19 with a 0.5" shorter barrel than a G17 and shorter grip, but close to a G29/30, is called a compact.

The bottom-line it's all about marketing, and a user/buyer should check out what fits their needs best vs. the labeling.

My .02

Last edited:
Good article, thanks Anni,
Am thinking some micro miracles 9mm's got left out of the mix. If any of them seen so far did so with all steel construction I might get more excited, partially due to ballast weight. Regardless, is a pretty good mixture to fit different needs and wants.

Good article.

IMO I wish the industry (writers & manufacturers) would standardize their labeling of the different sized pistols. One party calls a pistol a micro, and another calls it a mini, or subcompact or compact when they have similar sizes.

IMO, in the small 9mms a single-stack (Kahr PM9, etc.), and subsequent smaller size, is a micro, whereas a small double-stack 9mm like the Hellcat, etc. is a mini due to the larger dimensions.

Then you get into the 10mm/45 world. There's the G26/29 which is called a subcompact, but SA calls the new SA XDm Elite 10mm OSP a compact when they're nearly same-size.

And a G19 with a 0.5" shorter barrel than a G17 and shorter grip, but close to a G29/30, is called a compact.

The bottom-line it's all about marketing, and a user/buyer should check out what fits their needs best vs. the labeling.

My .02
Am thinking previous standardization got flushed for the most part when newer builders, designers and advertisers got involved, abandoning old standard ways, if they ever knew of them? Some conflict is likely due to off kilter Nixon administration ideas of crossover from SAE or other standards to metric standardization too? It isn't just one field or another, standards can be all over the place. Many standard ID's, names, heights, widths, lengths and weights have changed. Some for the good, some not and some just because of whatever like advertising glitz? I used to know many of the standards, now days it makes little to no difference sometimes. The bottom line advice from you is very wise from my experience.

Dude may be a bit biased. Nice pieces all but why leave out the Kimber micro nine? Cuz its a short stroker 1911 style? One round short of the ten rounders? I am biased also; have been pocket packing one for three years now.
Well, if it was like the Micro 9 I had, it makes a better paper weight then anything. I had all kinds of issues and there customer support was no help, now there 1911’s love them, got 2 as of now, looking for the Black Ice in 10mm if I can’t get the Ronin 10mm

Back