testtest

Mil Spec has no tension on grip safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats all fine and dandy. Look I have worked around cars my whole life. In my late 20's and early 30's built supercharged streetracing engines. Heck I am prolley one of the last people here in Metro Detroit who car rebuild carburetors...now.

But believe me I am fittin to find out once and for all. And if it was my fsult or whoever its gonna be known. But I know this. As I tear this mil spec down it aint all that.

1. I had seperation between the slide and frame along with a " wobbly" frame out the box. I know people say "Thats just cosmetic". No, thats a standard of quality issue. Period.

2. A plastic sear and trigger. Plastic really? So you cant spend 5 more bucks to uphold at least a median higher standard of quality to go with the industry standard that is METAL. I own nothing but basic 1911's, my friends for the most part own basic 1911's. My A.O 1911A1 from Kahr Arms machining is impeccable. And cost 100 bucks less than the Mil-junk.

Heck my buddys Colt 1911A1 " Government" was the same price as the Mil-Junk and his internals, frame and finish blow Springfields out the water...

When you use plastic parts in replacment for metal or industry standard. All is you are telling me is you are more concerned with the bottom line and cutting corners to save a buck. So if you gonna cut corners there...where else you gonna cut corners.

Truthfully I really dont care anymore. This is the first, only and last Springfield product I ever buy. Now its about to become a 700 dollar guinea pig cause I am about to really put it under scrutiny. As far as I am concerned if it goes in the trash it goes in the trash. I dont think its worthy of service and and chances are I am pulling it as my everyday carry and putting my AO 1911A1 with GI sights into service.

I learned my lesson...if it sounds too good to be true...it prolly is...and when buying 1911's spend the extra 100 bucks and buy the ORNIGAL buy a Colt...

20664180_115915895734994_8838613562403113765_n.jpg

Sorry pal. You made a ton of mistakes here, lol.

A) Mil-spec means Mil-spec, not top of the line.

B) If you wanted a nice 1911 just spend $200 or so more for a Range Officer, EMP, or Ronin.

C) You should have tested the gun, stripped it, inspected it, etc... before ever trying to just swap in parts.

D) I repeat: Springfield *will* fix the gun for you. Then you can sell it instead of throwing it in the trash.

Smh...

Didnt want a nice 1911. Wanted something that I didn't care if it got wear or scratched. Just wanted functional. Everyday carry. Only thing I did was change 3 things:

1. Wilson Combat. Bulletproof sear spring. Due to me questioning the integrity of the stock spring

2 Changed the trigger to a metal one...cause well the stock one was...plastic...plastic......

Plastic

3. Had to change the magazine release screw...why. When I removed it for the 1st time...the little locker on it broke...yeah I know.

Oh I sure did get played. Know never to buy one of these again...

AO, Colt. Inland...never Springfield

Believe me...its nothing but a 700 guinea pig now. If it goes in the garbage...it goes in the garbage...

Aint gotta tell me dude...I already know

"...chances are I am pulling it as my everyday carry..."

Well, seeing as how you've disassembled it, and it won't go back together.....I think you've pretty much already removed it as your "everyday carry". Just sayin'.

Its all good tho. You live and learn. I mean I am here in Detroit. And I will say this. These companies wonder why they go under when they produce sub standard products. Look how for so long the Japanese were blowing the big 3 out the water in the auto industry...reason: quality standards. They do things with percision where we do not. I mean cant do nothing about it now. If its junk, its junk...just know who go buy from and who to not. Its simple as that...

I still cant get over the plastic sear and trigger...that tells me everything I need to know...

If you gonna send that out your door...what else are you sending out there...

So I am going to close commenting on this thread, The only advice you need right now is contact Springfield, or take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Springfield doesn't use plastic sears. We are to the point that either you are a troll or just someone who does not know what you are talking about and needs to send the gun back to Springfield. So I will take it as you need help. People have tried to help you and you seem to be ignoring the help and that is not cool.

Here is the contact info for customer service:

SALES@SPRINGFIELD-ARMORY.COM
420 WEST MAIN STREET
GENESEO, ILLINOIS 61254

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back