testtest

Million dollar revolver?

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
Well, not quite, but almost. President Roosevelt's revolver sold at auction a few weeks ago for something nearing a million dollars. $9xx,xxx to be almost exact. I don't remember the exact number, I'm still a little numb from just reading it. But the gun was in outstanding condiiton as it had been designated his 'night table' gun since it had been gifted to him. Here's the link:

At that point, you aren’t buying a gun.

You’re buying an historical artifact.

I guarantee—that’ll never be shot again, ever.
Unless Johnny Depp buys it.....:p

Note: In case you don't get the joke, Johnny Depp has squandered his fortune he has made from making block buster movies.... ....he blames his financial managers, his financial managers pointing out his habitual purchasing of extraordinarily expensive collectors items, claiming they are investments, but immediately turns around and treats the collector item like an everyday consumables.... ....he's drinking $70k bottles of rare wine daily while he smokes his 3oz blunts....

Note: In case you don't get the joke, Johnny Depp has squandered his fortune he has made from making block buster movies.... ....he blames his financial managers, his financial managers pointing out his habitual purchasing of extraordinarily expensive collectors items, claiming they are investments, but immediately turns around and treats the collector item like an everyday consumables.... ....he's drinking $70k bottles of rare wine daily while he smokes his 3oz blunts....
Johnny Depp is a moron regardless.

S&W custom shop produced reproductions of the No. 3 and Schofield revolvers in 2000. They produced them for a few years. The mechanism is beefed up and modernized with inertial firing pin and hammer block safety. My wife bought the S&W Schofield reproduction for me 20 years ago that I shot in CAS matches for several years. I have to tell you that the fit and finish and action on that revolver is as fine as any S&W I have ever seen. The weight and balance make it a natural pointer. For a cavalry trooper it had many advantages over the SAA Colt.

Well hey, at least he paid for Hunter S Thompson's funeral.

Back